Corrupted DBX file.

Old September 21st 06, 10:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
19giugno

Default Corrupted DBX file.

Hi everyone. I know this argument has been threated many times, but I have a
problem I am not able to solve, even with the help of the internet forums.

An user turned the pc off while there was the "windows is shutting down"
screen. The biggest issue after rebooting is that some of his personal
folders disappeared from the oe view. I know how to solve this problem. I
moved the dbx files from the identity folder to a temporary folder,
re-created the blank folders in oe, copied at least one message in each one,
closed oe, copied the saved dbx files over the new created one in the
identity folders, re-opened oe, the folders are there, but there is no
message inside! The dbx files seem to contain them, as they have the correct
size. I tryed almost all the utilities around to recover those files, but no
one succeeded.

Any help?

Thanks and regards,
D.
Old September 21st 06, 01:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

You can try opening the files with Notepad, but I think you will find they
are blank. This happens very often. Its likely OE was compacting at the
time and that is why it happened. See points 2 and 3 here for the futu
www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx and backup frequently as this happens a lot.

The only thing I know that might work is my DBXpress program, which will
analyze the entire hard drive for messages and not just the files.

steve

"19giugno" wrote in message
[...]

PST file over 2GB and corrupted Gregg Hill Outlook - General Queries 4 September 9th 06 08:26 PM
dbx file recovery YT Outlook Express 6 July 14th 06 04:51 AM
error with *.dbx file Althaf Khan Outlook Express 5 June 28th 06 01:17 PM
Powerpoint file (3MB) attachments in Outlook are corrupted. Why? biswasg Outlook - Installation 1 June 14th 06 07:57 AM
How To Open DBX file? Fran Outlook Express 4 May 15th 06 02:24 AM