Outlook Express error message: folder not polled for its unread co

Old September 10th 06, 12:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
chanchan

Default Outlook Express error message: folder not polled for its unread co

Each time I open Outlook Express 6.0, I get the following error message:

Your 'Bulk-Email' folder was not polled for its unread count. Account:
'mail.******', Server: 'imap.******', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: '',
Port: 143, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0072

Your 'Drafts' folder was not polled for its unread count. Protocol: NNTP,
Server Response: 'An error has occurred.', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x80004001

I can still send and receive messages in both of my email accounts in
Outlook Express. If I delete one of the
email accounts, I do not get any error message. I cannot find a description
of either of the above error numbers.
I have looked at the imap.log files when I open and close Outlook Express,
but I don’t see any sign of error.
What can I do?

--
chanchan
Old September 10th 06, 11:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

See if this applies for IMAP account:
Cannot See Downloaded Messages in Outlook Express (IMAP)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=191632
Although the article mentions OE4, it could still apply to OE6.

For the second error message, are you sure about the Protocol being
NNTP? That would be for a news server but news servers don't have draft
folders.

"chanchan" wrote in message
Each time I open Outlook Express 6.0, I get the following error
message:

Your 'Bulk-Email' folder was not polled for its unread count.
Account:
'mail.******', Server: 'imap.******', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response:
'',