Importing from Outlook 2000

Old September 9th 06, 09:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dan

Default Importing from Outlook 2000

I have three messages in my Outlook 2000 Inbox. In OE6, I selected File
Import Messages, chose Microsoft Outlook, and then chose Inbox. The message
says that the import worked fine. However, the messages are nowhere to be
found. Where did they go, and how do I get them to come into my OE6 Inbox?

Dan
Old September 9th 06, 11:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

Check in Outlook Express that your View Setting/Current View is set to Show
All Messages. See if that fixes the problem.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

Old September 10th 06, 04:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

Then it would seem the import failed. Since it's only 3 messages, just
highlight them in Outlook and drag/drop them into a local folder you create
on your Desktop. They will be saved as EML files. Then close Outlook and
open Outlook Express. Now highlight them all in the folder on the Desktop
and drag/drop them into the Inbox in Outlook Express.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6
Please deliver feedback to the newsgroup, so that others can be helped.

news

Old September 10th 06, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dan

Jim,

Thanks for your suggestions. I dragged the three messages from Outlook to a
folder on my desktop. They were saved with an extension of "msg" and a type
of "Outlook Item." This is the same as when I tried Save As on one of the
messages in Outlook. It didn't list "*.eml" as one of the file types, which
is what I wanted so that I could move it into a folder in OE6.

When I tried dragging the three messages from the desktop folder into OE6's
Drafts folder, OE6 started a new, blank message with the three msg files as
attachments.

So I'm still stuck and wondering whether you have any other suggestions.

Dan

"Jim Pickering" wrote:

Then it would seem the import failed. Since it's only 3 messages, just
highlight them in Outlook and drag/drop them into a local folder you create
on your Desktop. They will be saved as EML files. Then close Outlook and
open Outlook Express. Now highlight them all in the folder on the Desktop
and drag/drop them into the Inbox in Outlook Express.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6
Please deliver feedback to the newsgroup, so that others can be helped.

news

Old September 10th 06, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

I think you would need a converter since the msg file is a binary file and
eml files are plain text. I believe the free trial version of this program
(Aid4Mail) will work since it's only 3 messages or you can forward them from
Outlook to your Outlook Express account.
http://www.sojourner.us/software/aid4mail.htm

--

"Jim Pickering" wrote:

Then it would seem the import failed. Since it's only 3 messages, just
highlight them in Outlook and drag/drop them into a local folder you
create
on your Desktop. They will be saved as EML files. Then close Outlook
and
open Outlook Express. Now highlight them all in the folder on the
Desktop
and drag/drop them into the Inbox in Outlook Express.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6
Please deliver feedback to the newsgroup, so that others can be helped.

news

Old September 10th 06, 11:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Do you have more than one profile in Outlook? Did you select the
correct profile for Outlook?

How to Import MMF or PST Files into Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=176267

The messages should go into a folder by the same name in OE as the
Outlook folder.