Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   Solid Line On Left Hand Border - Emails (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/25662-solid-line-left-hand-border.html)

ColTom2 August 31st 06 01:28 AM

Solid Line On Left Hand Border - Emails

Hi:

I receive a lot of emails that have a solid line on the left hand border
of the email. Sometimes I can place the cursor either behind or in front of
this border line and delete it. Others I can delete the border except where
the message content is shown. When I forward an email I like for it to be as
clean as possible; however, sometimes I just cannot get rid of this border
line.

Is there any simple way to completely delete or void this left hand border
line?

Thanks

mac August 31st 06 01:33 AM

"ColTom2" wrote in message
Hi:

I receive a lot of emails that have a solid line on the left hand border
of the email. Sometimes I can place the cursor either behind or in front
of this border line and delete it. Others I can delete the border except
where the message content is shown. When I forward an email I like for it
to be as clean as possible; however, sometimes I just cannot get rid of
this border line.

Is there any simple way to completely delete or void this left hand
border line?

Thanks

OEtoolsoptionsreadread all in plain text, enable.
OEtoolsoptionssendreply in same format, disable.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. OE. [DTS]

Bruce Hagen August 31st 06 01:34 AM

Solid Line On Left Hand Border - Emails

The sender is using the HTML Quote Line. Try one of these tools.

http://www.mistered.us/stripper/index.shtml
Or:
http://www.draac.com/stripper.html
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

AlmostBob August 31st 06 04:12 AM

Solid Line On Left Hand Border - Emails

[Tools]
[Options]
[Send]
[HTML settings]
Uncheck[Indent message on reply]
[ok]
[Plaint TExt Settings]
Uncheck[Indent original text on reply]
[ok]
[ok]

--
-
Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://security.kolla.de
Etrust/Vet/CA.online Antivirus scan
Panda online AntiVirus scan http://www.activescan.com
Panda online AntiSpyware Scan
http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_info/spyware/test/
Catalog of removal tools (1)
Catalog of removal tools (2)
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/newsinfo/collateral.aspx?CID=40387
Trouble Shooting guide to Windows http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
Cool Web Shredder http://www.trendmicro.com/cwshredder/
links provided as a courtesy, read all instructions on the pages before
use
Grateful thanks to the authors/webmasters
_

Steve Cochran August 31st 06 12:44 PM

Solid Line On Left Hand Border - Emails

On the formatting toolbar is a button that is for "decreasing indentation" .
You can highlight area that the bar covers and then click on this button to
remove it.

You can also remove it from your replies by going to Tools | Options | Send
| HTML settings and uncheck the option to ident on replying.

steve