Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   Runtime Error in msimn.exe (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/24280-runtime-error-msimn-exe.html)

Nik August 17th 06 10:18 PM

Runtime Error in msimn.exe

My OE version is 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2)Recently, in Outlook Express 6,
several times got messages asking if I wish to compress
email folders. Responded "No".(Probably a mistake!)

Subsequently, upon opening Outlook Express 6, saw error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program\Outlook Express\main.exe
abnormal program terminationSubsequently, the error message changed
slightly:Instead of "abnormal program termination", it said:"This
application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
way.Please contact the application's support team for more information."

If I click OK or AX (to close the message), Outlook Express closes.

In addition, I have lost all files in my Hotmail account.
I ran Anti-virus pigmy-no traces, SpySweeper found 3 cookies-eliminated,
AdAware-1
cookie, eliminated. Problem still occurs.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2, Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Suite,
Webroot Spy Sweeper.I have turned off Anti-virus email and webmail scanning.
Spw Sweeper is not scanning email.I tried manual folder compaction (after
all the above errors) but I get a message that the folders are in use so I
don't know if compaction ever happened.I installed OE6 KB918766 also.
Nik

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM August 17th 06 10:48 PM

Runtime Error in msimn.exe

"Nik" wrote in message
[...]

Do you have any Google applications running? If so, try uninstalling them.

If that isn't it try HijackThis.
run HijackThis; http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip
HijackThis - Tutorial & FAQ;
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...howtutorial=42

Register he http://aumha.net/profile.php?mode=register
Once you have received your registration confirmation, post your HJT
log he *(for expert analysis)*
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30

Please see http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=4075 and
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm before posting to the forum.

HijackThis tutorial:
http://aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

PA Bear August 18th 06 01:02 AM

Runtime Error in msimn.exe

Asked/Answered in OE General newsgroup. If you must make identical posts to
multiple newsgroups, please cross-post one (1) message to all of them.
Thank you.

Multiposting vs Crossposting:
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

Steve Cochran August 18th 06 01:17 PM

Runtime Error in msimn.exe

See my response in the other NG.

Also there is no main.exe program at the location indicated in the error
message you quote:

quote
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program\Outlook Express\main.exe
abnormal program terminationSubsequently, the error message changed
slightly:Instead of "abnormal program termination", it said:"This
application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
way.Please contact the application's support team for more information."
/quote

Neither is there anything normally on a Windows machine under C:\Program\

so you have a very screwed up machine.

steve