Internet liinks on outlook express

Old July 31st 06, 02:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain
Grand_Poohbah

Default Internet liinks on outlook express

Ted:

I have always considered you to be one of the most professional people on
this forum -- that was a cheap shot. Gently reminding him that IE7 was Beta
would have been far more effective.

GP

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

"No doubt - like me - you are using Firefox because of problems getting
IE7 to work properly."

You switched to Firefox because you're having a problem with beta
software? No doubts about you.

---
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

BrianW wrote:
gjones wrote:
Here's the problem: When I get an email with a link to the internet
and click on it Windows (XP SP2) opens Windows Explorer (the file
manager and always to the same file), not a browser. When I close
that it then opens IE 7 (version 7.0.5296.0) on a blank page. I also
have Firefox installed. I have to cut and paste the link in the
browser (either Firefox or IE) and then the links work like they're
supposed to. Any ideas what's wrong?

I assume that Firefox is your default browser. No doubt - like me - you
are using Firefox because of problems getting IE7 to work properly. (I
couldn't even uninstall the damned thing.) Unfortunately OE is so tied
into using IE that web links in messages break if IE is not the default
browser. As they say, "been there, done that". I posted about this issue
some time ago and got no response. IHTS that when shutting Windows
Explorer (which pointed to the OE folder) IE7 never opened, so there is
some variety in this behaviour then!

My email client is now Thunderbird. I think you can guess why. Good luck.

Old July 31st 06, 03:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain
Ted Zieglar

I apologize if I sounded harsh. IE 7 is plainly called "beta" on
Microsoft's website, which also very clearly says "Internet Explorer 7
Beta 3 is pre-release software." Anyone who doesn't know what the terms
"beta" and "pre-release software" mean shouldn't install IE7, let alone
call it a "damned thing" using it as justification to switch browsers.

---