new e-mail address

Old July 25th 06, 07:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
nevertooold

Default new e-mail address

I was just wondering if anyone can help me. I have just created a new e-mail
address for my daughter and have followed the instructions to the letter. I
ticked the box for OE to remember her user name and password, yet when it
promps me to logon already showing her username and password I tick the
appropriate box (ok), it wont authorize it and just keeps prompting to logon
again. Could anyone out there explain what I am doing wrong. Thank you.
Simon

Old July 25th 06, 07:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ted Zieglar

The password is a requirement of your ISP, not Outlook Express. Check
with your ISP.

---
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

Old July 25th 06, 09:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kath Adams

nevertooold wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone can help me. I have just created a new
e-mail address for my daughter and have followed the instructions to
the letter. I ticked the box for OE to remember her user name and
password, yet when it promps me to logon already showing her username
and password I tick the appropriate box (ok), it wont authorize it
and just keeps prompting to logon again. Could anyone out there
explain what I am doing wrong. Thank you. Simon

Did you set up and create the new email address and password in
Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange first? You can't just make one up and use it in
OE. Is she in fact using her own entirely or is it an alias of yours?
If you are using the account from Freeserve that they gave you when you
set up your account - then you can
actually use anything before the @ sign. BUT they would all be aliases
of the same account and you would have to use message rules to segregate
the mail. i.e.
is exactly the same email address as
because that is how FS allocates their email
addresses.
You need to give us more information about the account.
--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (Outlook Express)