Removing reply/forward indicator

Old July 23rd 06, 04:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
James Martin

Default Removing reply/forward indicator

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how I can remove the reply or forward indictator from a
piece of mail? (I'm referring to the little arrow that OE adds to the mail
icon in the list of pieces of mail in my Inbox when I reply to or forward a
letter.)

Thanks!

James

Old July 23rd 06, 04:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Tools | Options | Send. Mail Sending Format. For both HTML & Plain Text
Settings, uncheck: "Indent....................".
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old July 23rd 06, 04:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kuay Tim

Hi James,

I don't know of an OE option that would accomplish the task. One way to
achieve the desired end would be to save (Save As) each message with the
undesired icon in a Windows folder, delete the corresponding message(s) in
the Inbox, then drag the saved message(s) back into the OE Inbox (or other
folder).

--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim

Old July 23rd 06, 05:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

Message cleaner can do it:
http://www.roundhillsoftware.com/Mes...ner/?GrSJdRQUC

Within Outlook Express, you can use the menu choice, Tools/Options/Send and
click the Plain Text button and uncheck the box at the bottom to insert an
indent [] when replying to a message.
--
Jim Pickering
MVP-Outlook Express/Windows Mail

Old July 23rd 06, 05:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kuay Tim

Thanks, Jim. I did not know this setting would remove the forward or reply
arrows from the envelope icon in the Inbox headers list.

--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim

Old July 23rd 06, 06:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Geo.

Jim, I believe, James is referring to the unread and read envelope icons
alongside each message in the list of received messages. As you know, when a
message is replied to or forwarded the open envelope icon is replaced by one
which has a colored arrow partially overlaying the envelope, the color and
arrow direction denoting whether the message was replied to or forwarded.

I know of no way of easily changing those icons and can't conceive of any
reason why one would want to do so. Tim K's suggestion would, as he says,
achieve the desired end but hey! life's too short... 8^)

Geo.

Old July 23rd 06, 09:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Robert Aldwinckle

"James Martin" wrote in message
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how I can remove the reply or forward indictator from a
piece of mail? (I'm referring to the little arrow that OE adds to the mail
icon in the list of pieces of mail in my Inbox when I reply to or forward a
letter.)

Would it be sufficient to avoid the issue?

Press Ctrl-s (save reply in Drafts) often does it to me.
I have always thought that that was a bug, not a "feechur".
Perhaps you will like it.

Thanks!

James

Good luck