TO address underlined

Old July 22nd 06, 03:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
daveC

Default TO address underlined

When I typed the address in the TO field, every character was
underlined. If I wanted to send a mail to an address that has an
underscore, the email always got rejected. How can I stop Outlook
Express from underlining the addresses that I typed in so that I can
see the 'real' underscore of the address?

Old July 22nd 06, 02:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

I'm not sure you can do that. Try typing the address in the message pane so
you have it correct and then copy and paste it into the To field.

steve

oups.com...

Old July 22nd 06, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

That's normal. And not a real problem.

Since a blank is not valid in an e-mail address, if you see just the
under line within the address, that's a underscore.

For example, my e-mail address is:

That's an underscore after "michael". If somehow it had been mistyped
with a space instead it would appear as
michael

which wouldn't work.

As for your e-mails getting rejected, there is something else going on.

--

Mike -
http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm

oups.com...

Old August 1st 06, 10:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
daveC

Michael, I understand that a blank is illegal within an email address.
The problem is, I didn't type that SPACE char. It was because every
char I typed on the TO line got underscored automatically. May be when
the address was interepreted, the underscore was removed. So when I
typed a real underscore in, it got removed and it became a blank char.
So I was asking if there is any way to turn that 'automatic underscore'
option off, if it was an option.

Michael Santovec wrote:
That's normal. And not a real problem.

Since a blank is not valid in an e-mail address, if you see just the
under line within the address, that's a underscore.

For example, my e-mail address is:

That's an underscore after "michael". If somehow it had been mistyped
with a space instead it would appear as
michael

which wouldn't work.

As for your e-mails getting rejected, there is something else going on.

--

Mike -
http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm

oups.com...

Old August 2nd 06, 03:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

When I type an e-mail address into the TO field, nothing gets
underlined. If you select an address from the address book, the NAME
gets inserted and underlined, not the e-mail address. The e-mail
address is not visible. The e-mail address comes from the address book.
So if you are having a problem with that, then the entry in the address
book is wrong.

If you are using autocomplete, then again the name is displayed in the
TO line, but the actual e-mail address is coming from the address book.

If you are using the e-mail address as the address book name, then you
still need to check the address book to see that the e-mail address in
the e-mail address field is correct.

ups.com...

Michael Santovec wrote:
That's normal. And not a real problem.

Since a blank is not valid in an e-mail address, if you see just the
under line within the address, that's a underscore.

For example, my e-mail address is:

That's an underscore after "michael". If somehow it had been
mistyped
with a space instead it would appear as
michael

which wouldn't work.

As for your e-mails getting rejected, there is something else going
on.

--

Mike -
http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm

oups.com...

Old July 23rd 06, 04:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Robert Aldwinckle

"daveC" wrote in message
oups.com...
When I typed the address in the TO field, every character was
underlined. If I wanted to send a mail to an address that has an
underscore, the email always got rejected. How can I stop Outlook
Express from underlining the addresses that I typed in so that I can
see the 'real' underscore of the address?

Doubleclick on it so you can see it in a Property page?

---