OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6

Old July 17th 06, 06:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jeff

Default OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6

Hi,

I recently viewed an Orange promotion on disc for internet access.

It was not suitable for me and so I did not sign up.

Since viewing the disc my incoming mail settings in Accounts has been change
from mail.virgin.net to 127.0.0.1.

No matter how many times I delete and change it the setting reverts back to
127.0.0.1.

I am told this is probably due to a code from the Orange promotion disc.

Can you anyone advise me how to change back to mail.virgin.net permanently?

I use Windows XP

Kind regards,

Jeff

Old July 17th 06, 06:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

This is usually caused by scanning e-mail, or an anti-spam program. Perhaps
Orange was just a coincidence.

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer
of protection that eats up CPUs and causes a multitude of problems such as
time-outs and account setting changes. Your up-to-date A/V program will
continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old July 17th 06, 06:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ken

Hi Jeff,

You might try creating a new identity, set up your mail account info, does
it's settings stay?

By the way, in the new identity account, select the advance tab and check
"leave copy of messages on server". As this is a test, you want to leave the
messages on the server.

Post back results.

Ken

Old July 18th 06, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jeff

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your help.

I had already tried that one, but it still changed back to 127.0.0.1. when I
restarted the computer.

However, the following advice from Bruce sorted it out:

"This is usually caused by scanning e-mail, or an anti-spam program. Perhaps
Orange was just a coincidence.

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer
of protection that eats up CPUs and causes a multitude of problems such as
time-outs and account setting changes. Your up-to-date A/V program will
continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3"

Kind regards,

Jeff

North Wales

UK

Old July 18th 06, 02:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jeff

Hi Bruce,

Many thanks for you quick response.

I did as you suggested and all is fine now.

Very grateful for your help.

Kind regards,

Jeff

North Wales

UK

Old July 18th 06, 02:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ken

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your feed back, that was great advice from Bruce.

Ken

"jeff" wrote in message

| Hi Ken,
|
| Thanks for your help.
|
| I had already tried that one, but it still changed back to 127.0.0.1. when
| restarted the computer.
|
| However, the following advice from Bruce sorted it out:
|
| "This is usually caused by scanning e-mail, or an anti-spam program.
Perhaps
| Orange was just a coincidence.
|
| Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant
layer
| of protection that eats up CPUs and causes a multitude of problems such as
| time-outs and account setting changes. Your up-to-date A/V program will
| continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
| http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3"
|
| Kind regards,
|
| Jeff
|
| North Wales
|
| UK
|
| "Ken" wrote in message
| Hi Jeff,
|
| You might try creating a new identity, set up your mail account info,
does
| it's settings stay?
|
| By the way, in the new identity account, select the advance tab and
check
| "leave copy of messages on server". As this is a test, you want to leave
| the
| messages on the server.
|
| Post back results.
|
| Ken
|
| "jeff" wrote in message
|
| | Hi,
| |
| | I recently viewed an Orange promotion on disc for internet access.
| |
| | It was not suitable for me and so I did not sign up.
| |
| | Since viewing the disc my incoming mail settings in Accounts has been
| change
| | from mail.virgin.net to 127.0.0.1.
| |
| | No matter how many times I delete and change it the setting reverts
back
| | 127.0.0.1.
| |
| | I am told this is probably due to a code from the Orange promotion
disc.
| |
| | Can you anyone advise me how to change back to mail.virgin.net
| permanently?
| |
| | I use Windows XP
| |
| | Kind regards,
| |
| |
| |
| | Jeff
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Old July 18th 06, 03:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

You're welcome. Glad it's fixed.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"jeff" wrote in message
Hi,

I recently viewed an Orange promotion on disc for internet access.

It was not suitable for me and so I did not sign up.

Since viewing the disc my incoming mail settings in Accounts has been
change from mail.virgin.net to 127.0.0.1.

No matter how many times I delete and change it the setting reverts back
to 127.0.0.1.

I am told this is probably due to a code from the Orange promotion disc.

Can you anyone advise me how to change back to mail.virgin.net
permanently?

I use Windows XP

Kind regards,

Jeff

Outlook Express 6.0 suncie1 Outlook Express 1 June 18th 06 03:17 PM
outlook express hearts Outlook Express 2 May 31st 06 10:18 PM
outlook express Sonnyc33 Outlook Express 10 May 23rd 06 07:15 PM
help with OUTLOOK EXPRESS. Capt.Duncel Outlook - General Queries 2 April 30th 06 11:21 PM
Outlook Express kham Outlook - General Queries 1 January 21st 06 06:01 AM