delete key slow

Old July 15th 06, 07:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Blaine De Fries

Default delete key slow

Being the sloppy typist I am I end up using the delete key a lot to delete a
few mis-typed characters and resume my keying. Whenever I do this in Outlook
Express 6.0 it is EXTREMELY SLOW to delete the characters and allow typing
to resume (although it does seem to buffer the correction characters I type
and they ultimately appear). Is this just my version of OE 6.0 that does
this or is this a known issue. If it is known is there any way to resolve
the issue (a fix or something)? It can make typing an email very
frustrating. This only happens with OE 6.0 and only with the delete key.

Old July 15th 06, 09:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

It could be a few things:.

Do not archive mail in default OE folders. They will eventually become
corrupt. Create your own user defined folders for storing mail and move your
mail to them. Empty Deleted Items folder regularly. Keep user created
folders under 100MB, and Default folders as empty as is feasible.

After you are done, follow up by compacting your folders manually while
working *offline* and do it often.

Click on Outlook Express at the top of the folder tree so no folders are
open. Then: File | Work Offline (or double click Working Online in the
Status Bar). File | Folder | Compact all folders. Don't touch anything until
the compacting is completed.

In Tools | Options | Maintenance: Uncheck Compact messages in background and
leave it unchecked. {N/A if running XP/SP2}.

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer
of protection that eats up CPUs and causes a multitude of problems such as
time-outs and account setting changes. Your up-to-date A/V program will
continue to protect you sufficiently.

Clear the Temporary Internet Files often. In IE | Tools | Internet Options |
Delete Files button. And check the box to Delete Offline content.

--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old July 17th 06, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

That could be a variation on this:

Delayed Response When Editing Internet Explorer Forms and
Microsoft Outlook Express may take a long time to start
(Pstores.exe and Pstores.dll)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=251787
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=271510
OLEXP: Outlook Express Slow to Open Mail and Web Links
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311030
Also see:
http://www.insideoe.com/problems/performance.htm

"Blaine De Fries" wrote in message
Being the sloppy typist I am I end up using the delete key a lot to
delete a few mis-typed characters and resume my keying. Whenever I do
this in Outlook Express 6.0 it is EXTREMELY SLOW to delete the
characters and allow typing to resume (although it does seem to buffer
the correction characters I type and they ultimately appear). Is this
just my version of OE 6.0 that does this or is this a known issue. If
it is known is there any way to resolve the issue (a fix or
something)? It can make typing an email very frustrating. This only
happens with OE 6.0 and only with the delete key.

Delete key does not work in OE Jan Il Outlook Express 2 July 15th 06 12:40 AM
Arrow Down Key dstubb Outlook - Installation 0 June 11th 06 11:44 PM
Ctrl key Kevin Outlook Express 3 April 22nd 06 12:26 AM
product key jonkit99 Outlook - Installation 1 April 19th 06 04:10 PM
Delete Key will not work sometimes Steve S Outlook Express 3 April 14th 06 03:24 PM