Help - how do I separate business from personal contacts?

Old June 26th 06, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
sabrina

Default Help - how do I separate business from personal contacts?

I use Outlook Express6 for personal e-mails, and a small business I run from
home. When I added in some of my business contacts, (in a separate folder),
they show up in the same contact list as my personal e-mail contacts. Is
there a way to keep personal and business contacts separate?
Thank you,
Sabrina
Old June 26th 06, 11:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
DGuess

Create a new folder and put all your contacts of one or the other in it.

Open Address Book
File | New Folder
Name it say Business
Move all the business addresses to the Business folder.
Close Address Book.

Create a new message.
Click on To:
Just below Find there is a drop down list, click on it and select Business.
Only the Business contacts will appear then. Switch back and forth as
needed.

You can still type in the first few characters to get those Businees
contacts to autofill.

Old June 27th 06, 01:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
sabrina

Okay. I did all of that, and that works fine. But, in my contacts list, (in
the bottom left corner), ALL of the contacts are still showing up. How do I
remove the business contacts from showing in this contact list?

Old June 26th 06, 01:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
DGuess

"sabrina" wrote in message
Okay. I did all of that, and that works fine. But, in my contacts list,
(in
the bottom left corner), ALL of the contacts are still showing up. How do
remove the business contacts from showing in this contact list?

You don't.

That's not the way it was designed and another in the many reasons I won't
use it.

Old June 26th 06, 01:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
DGuess

"sabrina" wrote in message
news
What other reasons? Is there another program that is better than OE?

Contacts Pane is tied in with Messenger was the worse one for me. I have to
omany contacts to have to scroll thru a little window to get to to send and
email. It should appear as it does in Address Book layout but doesn't. I
could probably think about it a bit longer and come up with some more but
then I'd probably have to turn it on and look again. It's just not useful
for me.

For business, I have all my clients using Outlook 2003. They can justify the
need for calendar, journaling, etc.

There are more filter options, a Junk Mail filter, etc. Just overall, it's
better.

For the home user, OE does quite nicely. Other than the Messenger tie in and
Contacts pane, it's a great program and easy to use. It's just not designed
for business use. It's like relying on a Hotmail account for all business.
Wouldn't dream of doing it but there are tons of people that do.