Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   Menu bar is missing otlook express 6 (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/18246-menu-bar-missing-otlook-express.html)

Beaciel June 19th 06 09:32 AM

Menu bar is missing otlook express 6

My menu bar has disappeared in Outlook Express 6.
How can I restore it?
Many thanks

mac June 19th 06 10:36 AM

"Beaciel" wrote in message
My menu bar has disappeared in Outlook Express 6.
How can I restore it?
Many thanks

What do you call the menu bar?
Have you tried right click on the top tool barselect toolbar.
HTH?

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM June 19th 06 12:14 PM

"Beaciel" wrote in message
My menu bar has disappeared in Outlook Express 6.
How can I restore it?
Many thanks

On the left end of the toolbar is a vertical line of dots. Grab it with the
mouse and drag it down.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM
Please reply in newsgroup.

Beaciel June 19th 06 12:44 PM

Menu bar is missing otlook express 6

Thank you for your answer but when I drag down the vertical lines of dots, I
see:
toolbar and views bar but not the menu bar 9File- Edit- view- tools-
message- help).
Any idea how to restore this?
Thank you

mac June 19th 06 12:53 PM

"Beaciel" wrote in message
Thank you for your answer but when I drag down the vertical lines of dots,
see:
toolbar and views bar but not the menu bar 9File- Edit- view- tools-
message- help).
Any idea how to restore this?
Thank you

Are you sure it is not hiding at the end of one of the rows as Frank
suggests?
Try right click at the top and disable toolbar and views bar. Does it show
now?

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP] June 19th 06 12:55 PM

Beaciel wrote:

On the menu bar there is File- edit- view- tools- message- help...and it
disappeared

Try this:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/probl...htm#notoolbars
"Toolbars disappear from Message Composition windows or the main OE window".

--
Vincenzo Di Russo
Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional

Beaciel June 19th 06 02:01 PM

Menu bar is missing otlook express 6

I disabled the toolbar and the views bar but nothing is shown.
My menu bar has totally disappeared.

mac June 19th 06 02:41 PM

"Beaciel" wrote in message
I disabled the toolbar and the views bar but nothing is shown.
My menu bar has totally disappeared.

This is looking like corruption of the Identity?

Try pressing Alt, F or Alt E or Alt T or Alt M or Alt H -----? Those
commands should open the various menu items, If they still exist? :-)

Have you tried a reboot?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. OE. [DTS]