LoadLibrary failed with inetcomm.dll

Old June 18th 06, 12:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Patrick E. King

Default LoadLibrary failed with inetcomm.dll

I recently lost my ability to view messages in OE6 either in the preview
pane or the full message and in an effort to restore normal ops I used the
following:-
RunRegsvr32 inetcomm.dll.
However, when I run this, I get an error along the lines of *LoadLibrary
registration failed with ("inetcomm.dll") - the requested procedure could
not be found*.
I am sending this message from my work machine so the wording of the above
error may not be exact.
Can anybody give me advice on how to proceed?
Any and all help appreciated.
Regards
Patrick

Old June 18th 06, 07:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

The original problem with the messages not displaying is suspected to be
caused by malware (viruses, spyware, etc.) that have screwed up the
registry and the command suggested causes inetcomm to update the
registry back to factory defaults for that program.

It may be that your infection be more serious including a corrupting of
the inetcomm or replacement with a virus version.

I would suggest starting he

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines

Spyware, Browser Hijackings and other Antisocial Tricks

Removing Malware

Old June 20th 06, 11:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

Also try System File Checker.

Start | Run | SFC /scannow

steve