OE not showing in Add/Remove

Old June 13th 06, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Clayton L Owen

Default OE not showing in Add/Remove

No versions of OE (or for that matter IE) are listed in the Control Panel
Add/Remove utility.

I read (somewhere) that they should be there, and that I would be able to
delete my troublesome copy of OE, and then D/L and install a fresh copy.

Any help or advice?

Thank you.

Clayton
Old June 13th 06, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

After you go to Add/Remove Programs, are you clicking on Add/Remove Windows
Components at the left of the screen?

If that doesn't fix your problem, please post it. There may be another fix.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old June 13th 06, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Alias

Clayton L Owen wrote:
No versions of OE (or for that matter IE) are listed in the Control Panel
Add/Remove utility.

I read (somewhere) that they should be there, and that I would be able to
delete my troublesome copy of OE, and then D/L and install a fresh copy.

Any help or advice?

Thank you.

Clayton

What troubles are you having?

Alias
Old June 13th 06, 03:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ted Zieglar

Internet Explorer and Outlook Express are part of the operating system - not
separate programs - so you shouldn't expect to see them in Add or Remove
Programs.

To reinstall Internet Explorer and Outlook Express:

"How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows
XP"

Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

Old June 15th 06, 03:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

Most of the problems with OE are due to message store / registry corruption
and those are not fixed with reinstallation. Go to File | Identities and
set up a new Identity and then see if that works better.

Also see points 2 and 3 he www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx

steve