Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   0x8000ccc0e error (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/17286-0x8000ccc0e-error.html)

bob June 8th 06 07:40 PM

0x8000ccc0e error

Using OE 6 and comcast email. Setup is correct. Able to receive email in
OE but will not let me send out, gives me 0x8000ccc0e error when i try to
send an email. No firewall or antivirus, spyware, or any type of program
that would email scan or for some reason block the server is installed on
this comp... Tried in safe mode, still doesnt work.. Have remade the account
in OE at least 8 times to see if I remove the account it will work when i
set it back up... Any ideas?

Jim Pickering June 8th 06 08:35 PM

0x8000ccc0e error

Comcast normally requires "authentication" to use their SMTP server. Look
in Outlook Express under Tools/Accounts - Mail tab and check the Comcast
account for authentication on the Server tab at the bottom of the page.
Also review the info in this article:

You receive a "Socket error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800ccc0e" error message
when you try to send or receive e-mail in Outlook or in Outlook Express:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q191687

BTW, it's more helpful if you post the "complete and exact" text of an error
message rather than attempting to shorten it. It helps eliminate guessing
as to what the problem might be.

--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6