server error 0x800ccc90 & 0x800420cd

Old June 5th 06, 03:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
David

Default server error 0x800ccc90 & 0x800420cd

Yesterday my email worked fine. Today when I try to logon to my email
account I get the following error message:

message number 1 could not be retrieved. server response: '-ERR problem
retrieving message.', Port: 110, Secure (SSL): No, server error 0x800ccc90,
error number 0x800420cd. However, one message was received but I still get
the error.

Gateway 7510gx, winxp/sp2, latest updates, no program install yesterday,
oe6, yahoo.com mail (not web), sbc/yahoo dsl. msnews.microsoft.com messages
work fine.

I did an error search on google and found some info but not enough for me to
fix it. I am the only user and the administrator. What do I do next.

David

Old June 5th 06, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
David

Now it is working! I did not do anything except get frustrated and send
this request for help.

David

Old June 5th 06, 07:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Save for future reference:

Troubleshooting error messages that you receive when you are using OL and OE
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Security, Shell/User)

Old June 5th 06, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

"-ERR problem retrieving message"
comes from the mail server. It's the mail server that was having the
problem. Either it was a temporary problem that the server
automatically recovered from, or the mail server administrator noticed
that the server had a problem and fixed it.

Old January 15th 13, 01:00 AM
adl adl is offline
Junior Member

Wink

I was having a difficult time with the above mentioned error messages. Right after prayer, I found the message below the hyphens which worked for me.

It was simple. I went to my email provider's website and therein I deleted a message that had me stuck, it was too large comparing to my regular messages. It contained gigantic photos. Then, while I was still in the same site, I refreshed the screen using my own computer; apparently, the message was half way downloaded into my own computer but I could not locate it there; I log out. Went back to Outlook Express and finally I was able to download the rest of my messages!

P.D. It took me much longer to register in Banter to be able to share this with you. Please read below the hyphens for the original instructions.

source: http://www.afteroffice.com/index.php...mail&Itemid=92

Tuesday, 17 March 2009 15:58

When you found similar error message on Outlook Express as below:

Message #message number could not be retrieved.Account:'My Mail',Server: 'mail.yourdomain.com',Protocol:POP 3,Server Response:'March 19-21-Baton Rouge #193-First Book of the Play', Port:110,Secure(SSL); No,Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800420CD

The error was cause by lost of email index. To resolve this issue, please do the below:

1) Login to your Webmail

2) Go to Inbox and look for "Refresh" link on the top of the page and click on it

3) Log out from webmail and restart your Outlook Express

4) Hit "Send/Receive" button again and you will see the error message stop appearing