Strange OE6 behaviour

Old April 25th 06, 07:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Patrick E. King

Default Strange OE6 behaviour

I have noted lately that if I start OE on it's own It does not display
message bodies unless I go through the procedure of creating a new identity
and then reverting back to the original identity.

However, If I start it from inside IE6--ToolsMail and News Read Mail then
it behaves properly!
Any thoughts on what would explain this behaviour?
Regards
Patrick.

Old April 25th 06, 07:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Does it work in the new identity? If so, import your messages and delete the
old identity.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old April 26th 06, 06:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
N. Miller

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:34:35 +0100, Patrick E. King wrote:

I have noted lately that if I start OE on it's own It does not display
message bodies unless I go through the procedure of creating a new identity
and then reverting back to the original identity.

However, If I start it from inside IE6--ToolsMail and News Read Mail then
it behaves properly!
Any thoughts on what would explain this behaviour?
Regards
Patrick.

I no longer use the Default Identity when I set up a new install of
MSOE. Before I set up any mail accounts in MSOE, I create a new
Identity. If this is a virgin install, with no uses set up, as yet, I
then declare the new Identity to be the default Identity, and I delete
the original Identity. If the original default Identity has been use, I
import all the messages, then delete the original default Identity.

I have just had too many default installation Identities go bad to trust
them.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come