Import old addresses/mail

Old April 22nd 06, 04:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
paul

Default Import old addresses/mail

Hi, I just formatted a new drive(80gb) and reinstalled XP Pro on it. How do i
get the old emails and addresses from the other drive(30gb). It still works,
i didn't do anything with it yet,boots up etc. I have three Outlook Express
accounts and one Outlook account on this drive.Are there files i can
export??? Thanks...
Old April 22nd 06, 05:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kuay Tim

Hi Paul,

Outlook Express messages are stored in DBX files in what is called the
message store folder. Search the old drive for *.dbx to find the old storage
folder, which will include Inbox.dbx, Sent Items.dbx and other files for the
OE folders, and the master indexing file (Folders.dbx). Include hidden files
and folders in an advanced search. Try importing from this location. The
files could be copied to a (temporary) desktop folder to make the task
easier.

If the addresses were in a Windows Address Book user name.wab file try
importing the WAB file while in the new address book from the old address
book. Again, the file could first be moved to the new desktop. If the
addresses were controlled by, or in, Outlook a good place to ask the
question would be an Outlook group.

OLEXP: How to Back Up and Recover Outlook Express Data

Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim
MS-MVP - Outlook Express
Lynnwood, WA