Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   IE 6 display incorrect (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/105943-ie-6-display-incorrect.html)

Twayne[_2_] December 24th 12 07:28 PM

IE 6 display incorrect

Hi,

Dumb questiion probably, but here goes: My OE6 on XP Pro SP3+, IE-8 has lost
its abiliity to show unread messages in bold and read in unbold.
In addition, the "Mark All Read" option has gone greyed out and only
"Catch-up" remains, something I don't always want to do.

First those symptoms occurred a few days ago, seemingly on theiir own. So I
removed/reinstalled IE8 and its updates but that didn't fix it. Nothing
changed.

Is there anything I can do manually to fix this? AFAIK all updates/fixes
for IE8 have been installed. Yes, IE8 still contains OE6.

TIA,

Twayne`

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

Twayne[_2_] December 24th 12 08:04 PM

RESOLVED: IE 6 display incorrect

A setting got changed on me! It was set to show all messages as "read" 2
seconds after downloading it. Where THAT came from I'll never know; 'twasn't
me!

HTH,

Twayne`

n ,