Can one create a contacts list in the compose message window?

Old February 5th 12, 01:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
ECLiPSE 2002

Default Can one create a contacts list in the compose message window?

I have TBird for my email client, but my wife continues to use Outlook
Express v.6. With TBird when one opens the new message compose window
there is a list of your one's accumulated contacts on the left side of
the window - from there one can select one or multiple recipients to
send a message to.

I have attempted to find a similar option in OE, but thus far I have
hit a brick wall.

Is there a way to configure the New Message window to display the
contacts list?

TIA for any assistance.

Frank

Old February 5th 12, 04:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen[_4_]

"Peter Foldes" wrote in message
*************Crossposted to outlookexpress.general***********

"ECLiPSE 2002" wrote in message
I have TBird for my email client, but my wife continues to use Outlook
Express v.6. With TBird when one opens the new message compose window
there is a list of your one's accumulated contacts on the left side of
the window - from there one can select one or multiple recipients to
send a message to.

I have attempted to find a similar option in OE, but thus far I have
hit a brick wall.

Is there a way to configure the New Message window to display the
contacts list?

TIA for any assistance.

Frank

Open a new message window and click the To button. The contact list will
appear.

If you check View | Layout | Contacts, they only show in the OE main
window.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Oct. 1, 2004 ~ Sept. 30, 2010

Old February 6th 12, 02:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
ECLiPSE 2002

Thanks for the response, Bruce. What I was hoping for was a
permanently appearing contacts list similar to the one that displays
in the OE main window. Guess I will be content with the alternate
method via the To: button pop up contacts listing.

Frank

Old February 6th 12, 08:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
VanguardLH[_2_]

ECLiPSE 2002 wrote:

Thanks for the response, Bruce. What I was hoping for was a
permanently appearing contacts list similar to the one that displays
in the OE main window. Guess I will be content with the alternate
method via the To: button pop up contacts listing.

So why not use the Contacts list in the navigation pane in OE? You can
select one or multiple contacts (using Ctrl+mouse or Shift+mouse just
like in Windows Explorer to select multiple files) and the right-click
to select Send E-mail to all those selected contacts.

Obviously the Contacts list in the nav pane (if selected to include in
the layout to show contacts) is only usable BEFORE you open the new-mail
compose window. After opening the new-mail compose window, how are you
going to select [more] contacts? You've already opened the new-mail
compose window. Selecting entries in the Contacts pane uses them in the
Send E-mail right-click selection that opens the new-mail compose window
AFTER you've already selected those contacts.

In either case, you get the same contacts list whether you use the
Contacts pane to select contacts BEFORE you open the new-mail compose
window or use the To button to see the same list of contacts AFTER you
open the new-mail compose window.