Retrieving email from outgoing server!

Old November 15th 10, 03:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mm[_3_]

Default Retrieving email from outgoing server!

Hi, I hope you can help me.

I'm using Outlook Express, 6.00.2900.5512 (xpsp.080413-2105)

This is what it says in my progress box:

Check for new messages on 'incoming.verizon.net'. 328 (39.8 mb) new
331(40.0 MB) total completed local area network
Check for new messages on 'Num1 Mail Account'. 660 (91.0 mb) new
736(96.6 MB) total completed local area network
Check for new messages on 'outgoing.verizon.net'. 660 (91.0 mb) new
736(96.6 MB) total executing local area network

Of course it took quite a while for step one to complete.

And step 2, Num1 Mail Account, probably refers to my previous ISP
which I still use for most of my incoming mail. It took quite a while
to complete.

But what is step 3? How can one get new messages on an outgoing
message server? (I only have one or two messages queued, at most, not
600), and why is the the same number of messages and the same number
of megabits or bytes? If it were just a mistaken line, I wouldn't
care, but it's taking as long to run as each of the previous two
steps! What the heck is it doing? And why?

It got stuck half-way through in the third step, and didn't finish 300
of the 660 emails, but I still got the one I wanted, which was at the
end of the step 2. The partial step-3 didn't seem to add anything
to the inbox, so what was it doing?

Thanks
Old November 15th 10, 06:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
N. Miller

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 21:37:42 -0500, mm wrote:

[...]

It looks like somebody has configured MSOE to attempt access to the Verizon
'outgoin' mail server in order to fetch email. You need to check your server
properties for the misconfiguration. It is a user configuration problem.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
Old November 15th 10, 11:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mm[_3_]

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 21:08:13 -0800, "N. Miller"
wrote:

[...]

Golly, that must be me! I was hoping to blame Bill Gates.

You need to check your server
properties for the misconfiguration. It is a user configuration problem.

Okay. Thanks.

Old November 15th 10, 02:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Harden Thicke

Golly, that must be me! I was hoping to blame Bill Gates.
That figures. Another HoopleHead who doesn't want to accept responsibility
for their own actions.