Do OE emails open with browsers? crosspost

Old November 13th 10, 05:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Meat Plow

Default Do OE emails open with browsers? crosspost

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 21:40:16 -0700, richard wrote:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:14:12 -0800, Jordon wrote:

richard wrote:
On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:41:17 -0500, Steve Cochran wrote:

Well, I guess the civility level of this thread indicates why MS
killed its NGs.

As others indicate, for HTML and plain text messages OE uses the IE
engine to display the message. If you use SPY++ you will see the
display window for the messages is an IE window. When selecting the
View messages in plain text only, then OE uses an more Notepad like
window to display the text and eliminates the IE window. That change
was made in XP SP2 for "security" purposes.

steve
MS-MVP
Outlook Express / Windows Mail
1998 - present

Thank you sir.
That was the explanation I was looking for. One person said that IE
physically opened and the message displayed in IE. I tried to explain
that OE renders the message within itself.

Actually, this is what you said...

For the last ****ing time, OE DOES NOT use IE!

You just thanked that guy for telling you that OE uses IE to render
messages in OE, something that a dozen other people already told you.

No dumbass, he said they use the same components.

You're wrong. Move along.

Old November 13th 10, 07:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
N. Miller

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 13:26:13 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark wrote:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:26:19 -0800, N. Miller wrote:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:49:16 +0000, Desk Rabbit wrote:

I've corrected your top posting error for you.

You followed a cross post into the MS newsgroups. Even though MS no
longer operates their NNTP servers, their standard was always, "Full
Quote, Top Post". That is how the MS regulars like it, and do it.

Which makes them all top-posting ****wits.

Are all Romans "****wits"? Does the saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans
do" mean nothing to you? The "****wit" here is the one who cross posted
between a normal Usenet group, and an abnormal one. Hmmm. I didn't see you
redact the MS groups from the cross post list in your post!

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
Old November 13th 10, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Meat Plow

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:34:41 -0800, N. Miller wrote:

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 13:26:13 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark wrote:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:26:19 -0800, N. Miller wrote:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:49:16 +0000, Desk Rabbit wrote:

I've corrected your top posting error for you.

You followed a cross post into the MS newsgroups. Even though MS no
longer operates their NNTP servers, their standard was always, "Full
Quote, Top Post". That is how the MS regulars like it, and do it.

Which makes them all top-posting ****wits.

Are all Romans "****wits"? Does the saying, "When in Rome, do as the
Romans do" mean nothing to you? The "****wit" here is the one who cross
posted between a normal Usenet group, and an abnormal one. Hmmm. I
didn't see you redact the MS groups from the cross post list in your
post!

What are abnormal news groups in your opinion?

Old November 13th 10, 08:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Aardvark[_2_]

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:34:41 -0800, N. Miller wrote:

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 13:26:13 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark wrote:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:26:19 -0800, N. Miller wrote:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:49:16 +0000, Desk Rabbit wrote:

I've corrected your top posting error for you.

You followed a cross post into the MS newsgroups. Even though MS no
longer operates their NNTP servers, their standard was always, "Full
Quote, Top Post". That is how the MS regulars like it, and do it.

Which makes them all top-posting ****wits.

Are all Romans "****wits"? Does the saying, "When in Rome, do as the
Romans do" mean nothing to you? The "****wit" here is the one who cross
posted between a normal Usenet group, and an abnormal one. Hmmm. I
didn't see you redact the MS groups from the cross post list in your
post!

How else would they have seen my opinion of them?

DUH!!!

no hace mucho tiempo que viv*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, roc*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'
Old November 14th 10, 06:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
freemont

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 09:02:20 -0600, Old Gringo38 writ:

g I checked out the link in your Sig. for the first time today, What
Fun. One in particular had me ROTF: Q.My next step is to reinstall. I
have a choice between Vista and Windows 7. Which do you guys recommend
at this point? A.XP
LOL Thanks for sharing that.

I think my favorite is the one where a guy asked if his motherboard would
support 2GB of RAM and Chuckcar told him to disable startup. LOL
--
⁂ "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
⁂ Beware the 24hoursupport tards:
Old November 15th 10, 11:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Desk Rabbit

On 12/11/2010 16:41, Harden Thicke wrote:

I've corrected your top posting error for you.

Condescending, pretentious net nanny, you are.

Thank you for posting correctly.

Have a nice day.
Old November 15th 10, 11:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Desk Rabbit

On 12/11/2010 17:55, richard wrote:
On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:41:17 -0500, Steve Cochran wrote:

Well, I guess the civility level of this thread indicates why MS killed its
NGs.

As others indicate, for HTML and plain text messages OE uses the IE engine
to display the message. If you use SPY++ you will see the display window
for the messages is an IE window. When selecting the View messages in plain
text only, then OE uses an more Notepad like window to display the text and
eliminates the IE window. That change was made in XP SP2 for "security"
purposes.

steve
MS-MVP
Outlook Express / Windows Mail
1998 - present

Thank you sir.
That was the explanation I was looking for.

Which you were given several times before you decided to cross post your
stupidity into another group.

One person said that IE physically opened and the message displayed in IE.

That one person was you dumbass.

I tried to explain that OE renders the message within itself.

No you didn't.

Stop back peddling.