Do OE emails open with browsers? crosspost

Old November 12th 10, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Jordon

Default Do OE emails open with browsers? crosspost

richard wrote:
On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:41:17 -0500, Steve Cochran wrote:

Well, I guess the civility level of this thread indicates why MS killed its
NGs.

As others indicate, for HTML and plain text messages OE uses the IE engine
to display the message. If you use SPY++ you will see the display window
for the messages is an IE window. When selecting the View messages in plain
text only, then OE uses an more Notepad like window to display the text and
eliminates the IE window. That change was made in XP SP2 for "security"
purposes.

steve
MS-MVP
Outlook Express / Windows Mail
1998 - present

Thank you sir.
That was the explanation I was looking for.
One person said that IE physically opened and the message displayed in IE.
I tried to explain that OE renders the message within itself.

Actually, this is what you said...

For the last ****ing time, OE DOES NOT use IE!

You just thanked that guy for telling you that OE uses IE
to render messages in OE, something that a dozen other
people already told you.
Old November 12th 10, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard the st00pid wrote:

Steve Cochran wrote:
As others indicate, for HTML and plain text messages OE uses the IE engine
to display the message.

Thank you sir.
That was the explanation I was looking for.

...and is precisely the same explanation all respondents have been giving
you since you first made your silly statement about how OE renders mail.
In Message-ID: you said, "OE also
does not use IE to read html email. So the email file will not open
with the browser."

One person said that IE physically opened and the message displayed in
IE.

No person said that. Not a single one.

I tried to explain that OE renders the message within itself.

You couldn't explain your way out of a paper bag.

--
-bts
Old November 13th 10, 04:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
richard

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:34:07 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

richard the st00pid wrote:

Steve Cochran wrote:
As others indicate, for HTML and plain text messages OE uses the IE engine
to display the message.

Thank you sir.
That was the explanation I was looking for.

..and is precisely the same explanation all respondents have been giving
you since you first made your silly statement about how OE renders mail.
In Message-ID: you said, "OE also
does not use IE to read html email. So the email file will not open
with the browser."

One person said that IE physically opened and the message displayed in
IE.

No person said that. Not a single one.

I tried to explain that OE renders the message within itself.

You couldn't explain your way out of a paper bag.

Because YOU said that the email would open in IE, the browser.
IE and OE are not the same thing.
As the man said, both use the same components so they will appear to be
displayed the same. Still, IE itself has never been used to open an email
as you claimed.

That is what you are claiming. It is wrong and you can't admit to it.
Old November 13th 10, 04:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
richard

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 12:14:12 -0800, Jordon wrote:

richard wrote:
[...]

No dumbass, he said they use the same components.
Old November 13th 10, 05:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard the st00pid wrote:
Steve Cochran wrote:
As others indicate, for HTML and plain text messages OE uses the IE
engine to display the message.

Thank you sir.
That was the explanation I was looking for.

..and is precisely the same explanation all respondents have been
giving you since you first made your silly statement about how OE
renders mail. In Message-ID: you
said, "OE also does not use IE to read html email. So the email file
will not open with the browser."

One person said that IE physically opened and the message displayed
in IE.

No person said that. Not a single one.

I tried to explain that OE renders the message within itself.

You couldn't explain your way out of a paper bag.

Because YOU said that the email would open in IE, the browser.

I never said such a thing. What I *did* say is, "You still fail to
understand. OE does not open messages *in* a browser window. Any
browser. It uses the underlying IE HTML engine to display HTML messages
within its own windows."
IE and OE are not the same thing.

Duh! But they were a package.

As the man said, both use the same components so they will appear to
be displayed the same. Still, IE itself has never been used to open
an email as you claimed.

You're makin' that up, dickwad. I never said anything about browser
windows - which I guess is your interpretation of "IE itself". IE has a
rendering agent (underlying code) called Trident. It is an integral part
of IE. It is used by OE to render HTML messages in OE windows.

http://www.guideto.com/computing-internet/internet-online/web-browsers/trident-layout-engine/

Windows Explorer uses it too for various display stuff.

That is what you are claiming. It is wrong and you can't admit to it.

So far in all these threads, you are the only one who is wrong.

--
-bts
Old November 13th 10, 06:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
N. Miller

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:49:16 +0000, Desk Rabbit wrote:

I've corrected your top posting error for you.

You followed a cross post into the MS newsgroups. Even though MS no longer
operates their NNTP servers, their standard was always, "Full Quote, Top
Post". That is how the MS regulars like it, and do it.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
Old November 13th 10, 01:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Aardvark[_2_]

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:26:19 -0800, N. Miller wrote:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 13:49:16 +0000, Desk Rabbit wrote:

I've corrected your top posting error for you.

You followed a cross post into the MS newsgroups. Even though MS no
longer operates their NNTP servers, their standard was always, "Full
Quote, Top Post". That is how the MS regulars like it, and do it.

Which makes them all top-posting ****wits.

no hace mucho tiempo que viv*a un hidalgo de los de lanza en
astillero, adarga antigua, roc*n flaco y galgo corredor."
-Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'
Old November 13th 10, 01:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Steve Cochran

I've been in the stupid MS forums. At least I don't have to put up with
those here.

steve

"Peter Foldes" wrote in message
Steve

I thought you got lost somewhere - Nice to hear of you. And as far as
the civility level in these groups go, well you have seen it right on the
nose. Like everywhere there are good and bad but the bad far outweighs the
good at least in this group. (24hrsupport)

--
Peter
rights.

Old November 13th 10, 02:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
freemont

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:55:31 -0700, richard writ:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:41:17 -0500, Steve Cochran wrote:

As others indicate, for HTML and plain text messages OE uses the IE
engine to display the message.

steve
MS-MVP
Outlook Express / Windows Mail
1998 - present

Thank you sir.
That was the explanation I was looking for. One person said that IE
physically opened and the message displayed in IE. I tried to explain
that OE renders the message within itself.

LMFAO!

Good GAWD.

Sure you did. Sure. :-D

http://tinyurl.com/38o8b7g
--
⁂ "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
⁂ Beware the 24hoursupport tards:
Old November 13th 10, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Old Gringo38

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:49:55 +0000, freemont wrote:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:55:31 -0700, richard writ:

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:41:17 -0500, Steve Cochran wrote:

As others indicate, for HTML and plain text messages OE uses the IE
engine to display the message.

steve
MS-MVP
Outlook Express / Windows Mail
1998 - present

Thank you sir.
That was the explanation I was looking for. One person said that IE
physically opened and the message displayed in IE. I tried to explain
that OE renders the message within itself.

LMFAO!

Good GAWD.

Sure you did. Sure. :-D

http://tinyurl.com/38o8b7g

g I checked out the link in your Sig. for the first time today,
What Fun. One in particular had me ROTF:
Q.My next step is to reinstall. I have a choice between Vista and
Windows 7. Which do you guys recommend at this point?
A.XP
LOL Thanks for sharing that.
--
11/13/2010 8:58:41 AM CST