How to change font size in Subject, From, Send section

Old September 26th 10, 01:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jbclem

Default How to change font size in Subject, From, Send section

I recently changed video cards and most of the fonts changed slightly,
mostly to different sizes. In OE6 I can adjust the message font sizes in
the lower section (the Read section). But in the upper section, where the
Subject, From, Send, and other headings exist, I haven't figured out how to
change the fonts there. Can someone help me with this.

Thanks, John

Old September 28th 10, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

The only way to change those fonts is to change the global Windows Icon
font. Right click on the Desktop and go to Properties | Appearance and
click the Advanced button and there you can change the font.

steve

Old October 1st 10, 01:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
VanguardLH[_2_]

Steve Cochran wrote:

jbclem wrote ...

I recently changed video cards and most of the fonts changed
slightly, mostly to different sizes. In OE6 I can adjust the
message font sizes in the lower section (the Read section). But in
the upper section, where the Subject, From, Send, and other headings
exist, I haven't figured out how to change the fonts there. Can
someone help me with this.

The only way to change those fonts is to change the global Windows
Icon font. Right click on the Desktop and go to Properties |
Appearance and click the Advanced button and there you can change the
font.

Note that the OP did not state they wanted to change font size for
their own readability. Perhaps the OP thinks they can modify the
attributes of those headers as shown on the recipient's end. Won't
happen. Changes made to those headers will be seen by the recipients.

Since the OP mentions changing the fonts in the body of an e-mail, it
appears the OP is asking about when he *composes* an e-mail. There's
good reason why e-mail clients do not utilize author-specified fonts
for those headers. No one needs a spam, phish, or malicious e-mail
occupying the entire header or view pane for a single e-mail because
some joker decided to use a huge font.

If the OP is asking about how to read the UI for Outlook Express then it
is also likely that text and objects in other applications also look too
tiny to the OP. In that case, the OP should up the DPI setting for his
monitor to make it all larger. Getting a larger resolution monitor is a
waste of money if you default to letting all the text and objects get
smaller (because the same DPI gets used). If you want to utilize the
increased resolution to make text and objects look sharper (by using
more pixels for the same sized object) then up the DPI setting.