Outlook Express Not Responding

Old June 20th 10, 06:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Platinum Endless Events

Default Outlook Express Not Responding

My Outlook is not responding at all. I click on the icon and nothing. It was
working yesterday and I am not sure what is going on. I have noticed over the
past few days, I see a pop up of the log in box appears first. I closed the
window and it works fine but today nothing is taking place.....any
suggestions? This is a business email so I need immediate access to it.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Do not archive mail in default OE folders. They will eventually become
corrupted. Create your own user defined folders for storing mail and move
your mail to them. Empty Deleted Items folder regularly. Keep user created
folders under 100MB, and Default folders as empty as is feasible.

After you are done, follow up by compacting your folders manually while
working *offline* and do it often.

Click on Outlook Express at the top of the folder tree so no
folders are open. Then: FileWork Offline (or double click Working Online in
the Status Bar). FileFolderCompact all folders. Don't touch anything until
the compacting is completed.

In ToolsOptionsMaintenance: Uncheck Compact messages in background and
leave it unchecked. {N/A if running XP/SP2}.

And see this:
http://www.insideoe.com/problems/performance.htm
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"Foxhole" wrote in message
Have a problem with my computer...............After about 5 cold boots, I
click on outlook express it is slow in coming up and when it does there is
no
window for the dial up in order to get into my mail from the
provider..When I
click on any part of the outlook express window I get a temporary freeze
up
and a little later a window shows that outlook express is not responding.
The
only fix that I have found is to use the system restore to a date when
outlook express was working. After about 5 cold boots the same thing
happens
again. Any ideas anyone.

Foxhole