Unable To Restore OE6 .DBX Files

Old June 19th 10, 02:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
ColTom2

Default Unable To Restore OE6 .DBX Files

Hi:

I had some files in an OE6 local named folder "Kit" and deleted the folder
in error. I created another folder by the same name and transferred some
files to it before I realized the folder did not contain all the prior
Kit.dbx files. I deleted this folder.

When I open Windows Explorer and go to the Store Folder I can see the
Kit.dbx file (49,512KB). However, when I follow the prior instructions to
restore this folder by dragging it to the desktop and then creating a new
folder in OE6 by the exact name and opening it and then closing OE6, then
dragging the Kit.dbx folder from the desktop back to the Store folder I get
a Prompt asking do I want to replace it and I say Yes, but it is not
restored, as the folder is empty.

What am I doing wrong?

These files are most important to me and I need help badly.

Thanks,

ColTom2