Attachments/JPG

Old April 4th 06, 12:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Peter C

Default Attachments/JPG

The systems I use are, Microsoft Windows XP. I.E 6 and a Kodak Digital
Camera..My ISP is Freeserve (now Wanadoo) Until about a week ago I had
no problems in receiving emails with an attachment showing a photograph

sent to me using JPG format.
I was able to view the photograph at the end on the email and then open

the attachment.
I now find that whilst I can view any photograph sent to me using the
JPG format I cannot open the 'attachment', nor can I view the
attachment of any photographs I have sent.(I am told that the
recipients can open the attachment they receive)
When I try to open the attachment I get the following message on the
screen
Heading
C\Documents and Settings\HP-Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5\4H
I then get a Red Cross in a Circle followed by
This file does not have a programme associated with it for performing
this action. Create an association in the Folder Options Control Panel
In my Folder Options I have a file headedJPG Easy Share JPG and a
similar one JPEG.
To try and resolve the problem I have deleted Temporary Internet Files
and found that under, Tools, Option, Security that the 'Do not allow
attachment' is unticked.
Any ideas please

Old April 4th 06, 12:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

First: Clear the Temporary Internet Files. In IE | Tools | Internet Options
| Delete Files button. And check the box to Delete Offline content.

Now, save a JPG attachment to your HDD. Go to its location and Right Click
on it | Open With | Chose Program | Check: Always use the selected program
to open this kind of file.

You may have to close / open OE, or even reboot, but it should be remembered
after that.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

ups.com...

Old April 4th 06, 10:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Peter C

Thank you Bruce, Instructions followed, but alas same problem.
Peter.

Old April 4th 06, 10:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mac

"Peter C" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you Bruce, Instructions followed, but alas same problem.
Peter.

Take a look here to see if anything helps?
See:
Red X:
http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. OE. [DTS]

Cant send jpg files Bill Hepworth Outlook Express 4 May 22nd 06 06:54 PM
Reading attachments Frchief Outlook Express 2 March 17th 06 12:52 AM
Attachments Pete Outlook Express 2 March 10th 06 08:47 PM
Cannot see attachments [email protected] Outlook Express 6 January 27th 06 02:10 AM
I loaded a new program and now I can't view jpg in outlook. Help! ern_mac Outlook and VBA 0 January 8th 06 02:01 AM