Resizing Photos

Old June 22nd 10, 06:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Default Resizing Photos

Is your friend running WinXP SP3? Is (s)he sending the pictures from My
Pictures folder by right-clicking on the file & selecting Send To | Mail
recipient?

B.W. wrote:
Thank you both.

Yes Bruce I tried it, but found by using the corner handles, it didn't
appear to keep aspect ratio. When I sent it, the photo appeared to look
resized in my email but actually still came through as a big file???

Sorry PA I am asking on behalf of a friend who is still using O.E.

B.W.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
From your headers: Windows Live Mail 14.0.8089.726

You will find support for Windows Live Mail in this public newsgroup (at
least for now):
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...mail .desktop

. Via your newsreader (i.e., Windows Live Mail):

And in Windows Live Mail Support Forums (new 08 March 2010)
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.as...8-7d0783119bb7
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

B.W. wrote:
When you add an image to an email and the handles show up, can you
resize
the photo this way?

Old June 22nd 10, 01:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ken

There is several ways to resize photos.
One way is to use Windows XP resize feature, which is what I use.

Below is from Windows XP Help.

Let me know if this explanation helps.

Ken

From Windows Help...

To send a photo in e-mail

Open My Pictures and then open the folder containing the photo you want to
send in e-mail.
Click the photo you want to send.
Under File and Folder Tasks, click E-mail this file.
In the Send Pictures via E-mail dialog box, click Make all my pictures
smaller.
Windows makes a smaller photo file and attaches it to an e-mail message that
displays a default subject and text message.

In the To box, type the e-mail address of the person to receive the picture,
change the subject and message text if you want, and then click Send.
Notes

To open My Pictures, click Start, and then click My Pictures.
Use this procedure for photos of file size greater than 64 kilobytes (KB).
To check the file size of your photo, right-click the file, click
Properties, and look at Size.
To send the photo without reducing the size of the file, click Keep the
original sizes.
To change the settings for the size of the image, click Show more options.

Old June 22nd 10, 01:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ken

There is several ways to resize photos.
One way is to use Windows XP resize feature, which is what I use.

Below is from Windows XP Help.

Let me know if this explanation helps.

Ken

From Windows Help...

Old June 23rd 10, 03:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
B.W.[_2_]

Thanks all, yes I tell my friends to use the Windows XP feature. I myself
am starting out with Windows Live Mail (W7) and using the photo email
feature.

B.W.

"Ken" wrote in message
There is several ways to resize photos.
One way is to use Windows XP resize feature, which is what I use.

Below is from Windows XP Help.

Let me know if this explanation helps.

Ken

From Windows Help...

Old June 23rd 10, 03:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
B.W.[_2_]

"Ken" wrote in message
There is several ways to resize photos.
One way is to use Windows XP resize feature, which is what I use.

Below is from Windows XP Help.

Let me know if this explanation helps.

Ken

From Windows Help...

Old June 23rd 10, 05:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec[_2_]

In OE, the image doesn't resize. OE just puts size tags in the HTML
telling the program how to display it.

Unlike the Windows Live Mail (WLM) program which actually resizes the
image file that it sends.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us