Blocked Senders List

Old November 8th 10, 04:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

Default Blocked Senders List

Its in the registry, but I don't know that it is easier to edit the

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Micro soft\Outlook
Express\5.0\Block Senders

Sometimes its more effective to filter by message rules rather than block
senders.

steve

"Raymond Daley" wrote in message

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
See Bruce's reply.

You can have a maximum of 4,096 Message Rules & Blocked Senders:

Thats not a lot really. Especially when you look at how many newsgroup
spammers & trolls there are.
I reckon this is why mine isnt working then.
Is there a fast way to edit the blocked senders list WITHOUT using OE?
IE:- some way of opening it and deleting a shedload of info from it then
saving it.
Because I dont really want to delete my news rules

Old November 9th 10, 05:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Raymond Daley

"Steve Cochran" wrote in message
Its in the registry, but I don't know that it is easier to edit the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{GUID}\Software\Micro soft\Outlook
Express\5.0\Block Senders
Sometimes its more effective to filter by message rules rather than block
senders.
steve

Thanks Steve but in the end I took the advice to just delete the folders
mentioned, luckily it never touched my exception rules so I now have a clean
killfile which I will be using more sparingly. I did note that I had 9
different trojans my antivirus software hadn't caught or flagged to my
attention which I think may have also been part of the problem.
Now I have to look for something to replace Avast 5.

Can I ask something about exception rules? Is there a limit to how many
different words one exception rule can be asked to block on?

Old November 9th 10, 10:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

I'm sure there is a limit, but I don't know what it is.

You can try www.microsoft.com/security_essentials