Set up second email address

Old March 23rd 10, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Patti Barden

Default Set up second email address

I am with Freeola as my provider. I want a separate email address for
my wife.
I went to Freeola and got a new email address
and it's info.Then went to OEattachmentsmail and added a new account.
I thought that would give me two emails to use. I went thru the whole thing
on identities and it all looked ok and I could switch identities but I could
never find why I could not get an internet connection.

I have read the Help file on identities and setting up an email address and
called Freeola no luck. Freeola said to set it up as a rule. That is not how
we want it set up.

I am stymied on what to do next.
Any help appreciated. Patti

Old March 23rd 10, 06:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen[_4_]

Then went to OEattachmentsmail and added a new account.

What does that mean? If you want an account/address in a separate
identity, you open the current identity and File | Identities | Add New
Identity and follow the prompts.

Setting Up Mail Servers in Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/...ailserver.mspx
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

Old March 23rd 10, 11:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
LD55ZRA

Give your wife a her own USERNAME so that she can set up her own email
account and keep it secret from your prying eyes. There is no need to
use only one user account on a shared system.

hth

Old March 25th 10, 12:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Patti Barden

Sorry, I meant OEaccountsmail and added a new account.
I set up a new account.
Then went to Identities and followed the prompts using same info as I had
just put in to set
up the new account.

I can go to Identities and switch the identity to open in a new OE folder. I
tried to send an
email from here but get an error message that the recipient is not accepted.

Somewhere along the line I am misunderstanding. I've tried several
combinations but always
get the same error.
Patti