Copying and pasting between calendars

Old January 21st 10, 06:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
KayeG

Default Copying and pasting between calendars

In Outlook 2003 I was able to copy text from a calendar and then paste
directly to another (I have access to 2 calendars in Outlook for updating and
diary management). This function doesn't appear to work in Outlook 2007 so it
means I am tying the same information twice. Is there a soln to this issue?
Many thanks
--
Kaye
Old January 21st 10, 07:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

You need to tell us how you did it in 2003 and why this same procedure does
not work in 2007 and what error messages you receive.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, KayeG asked:

Old January 21st 10, 03:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

It works in Outlook 2007, however, if you have SP2 installed the copy will
be labeled as such.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

Old January 21st 10, 11:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
KayeG

Hi Milly - thanks for giving me the heads up - sorry I'm a new user. When the
2 calendars are viewed side by side in 30 I would click on the entry which
had already been added on one calendar, then Ctl C and Ctl V into the other
calendar which needed to have a similar entry (this of course saved lots of
extra tying).

In 07, I get a message which tells me that "You don't have appropriate
permission to perform this operation" - so not sure why this happends.

Thanks
--
Kaye

.

Old January 21st 10, 11:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
KayeG

Hi Diane - In 03 I was albe to have the 2 calendars viewed side by side and I
would click on to the entry I needed to duplicate on to the other calendar
and would use the usual Ctl C and Ctl v with no problems at all. In 07 I do
exactly the same thing and get a message which says "You don't have
appropriate permission to perform this operation".

Our workplace uses Mirapoint for webmail and Outlook needs to synch which it
to download messages, calendar etc. I have to use a patch called ConnectR for
07 to make this happen, so unsure whether it's just going to be a glitch
which won't be resolved - certainly would love any other ideas though.

Thanks
--
Kaye

Old February 2nd 10, 01:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
KayeG

Hi again - yes, in someone else's mailbox but I have permission to enter
appointments on this calendar. We don't have MS Exchange here so I don't
think cached mode counts for that?
--
Kaye