Changing the color of different days or extending all day events

Old January 18th 10, 01:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Mally Mclane

Default Changing the color of different days or extending all day events

Hello,

http://tinypic.com/r/2h6ymvl/6

In that image, I need for either the entire day to be the same colour as the
all day event, or for the all day event to extend downwards through the
entire day.

I can't find a way to do this, using only one calendar (this part is key) -
am I missing something obvious?
Old January 18th 10, 02:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

You need to set the all-day item to busy if you want the dates colored as
seen in this screenshot:
http://www.xsolive.com/Outlook%20Scr...rm.aspx?ID=146

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

Old January 19th 10, 08:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Mally Mclane[_2_]

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

You need to set the all-day item to busy if you want the dates colored as
seen in this screenshot:

Thanks Diane. The only problem with that is that when I then add another
appointment to that day, it all ends up side-by-side and squashed. The allday
event is to remind me which site I am on, and not to book appointments for
another site that day!

Can you think of another way to do it?

Thanks.

Old January 19th 10, 02:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

If you make the all day events busy, they will color the calendar but won't
fill the hourly dates. Only appointments that share the same time period
will end up side by side and squashed.

If your all day events are filling the day with one long appointment, are
you changing time zones?

See http://xsolive.com/Outlook%20Screen%...rm.aspx?ID=148
for how it should look.