Calendar sharing on the same computer ?

Old November 16th 09, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Bubey

Default Calendar sharing on the same computer ?

I previously posted in just "Outlook" but just found this group which may
be better for my problem.
I am using MS Office Pro 2000. Windows XP Sp2. Have 2 gb Memory.

I've been browsing the web for help and group but I'm still trying to
figure out how to do this.
I have one computer and 2 User Accounts set up that I would like to share
the Outlook Calendar
with so I don't have to go back and forth to keep both calendars updated. 1
User Account is for
personal use and the other one for business. It's just me, no other person.

So far, I've created a PST folder and copied OUTLOOK 2000 into it. Then
went to
"share this folder" and checked the appropriate boxes, apply and close. I
then logged out of my
"personal user account" and logged into my "business user account". I
clicked on the Outlook
shortcut but my calendar with all dates in it didn't show up. Just a blank
new calendar?
I think I missed something somewhere to make this work.

I've read here about need Microsoft Exchange, but get the impression that is
not for a single user sharing.

Thanks in advance for the help !

Old November 17th 09, 04:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

to share a calendar in a pst between two profiles, need to add to the pst to
the second profile. If you want new appointments added to it automatically,
you need to make it the default calendar in both profiles.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Old November 18th 09, 05:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Bubey

Thanks for the help Diane. However, I am completely confused. I thought I
had done
the PST creation correctly, but now I can't find it. Can you give me a link
to a How To Calendar Share, & Create PST files.
Let me recap: I am using OL2000, "1" PC, "2" Users.
I saw a posting with a similar setup but the person who answered said go to
the other PC.

Thanks !

Old November 18th 09, 08:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Bubey" wrote in message

Thanks for the help Diane. However, I am completely confused. I thought I
had done
the PST creation correctly, but now I can't find it.

The default location for PSTs is a hidden folder. Enable viewing hidden files
and folder in Windows and you should be able to find them. Alternatively,
open Windows Explorer and enter the following in the Address field:

%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (for Windows
2000/XP)

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Outlook (for Windows Vista/7)

Click Go.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]