Calendar Invitations disappearing from Inbox

Old October 2nd 09, 07:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Bryan

Default Calendar Invitations disappearing from Inbox

I have an employee in our organization that is having an odd email/calendar
issue with outlook 2007. When they are invited to a meeting or appointment,
the invite email that is sent out automatically removes it self from their
inbox before it is ever viewed. This is a issue as the only way to know if
they have a new meeting request is to by chance notice a new meeting on the
calendar and then pull it up to accept/decline/etc. It is not being auto
"accepted", notifying the sender, while this is happening in which it would
normally move itself out of the inbox when you would do this. It does
however auto file it on their calendar as tentative as it is supposed to.
Any ideas how to get these invites to stay in the inbox until they are looked
at? Many thanks.
Old October 4th 09, 08:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Does this user have any rules applied to the sender? Where does the invite
end up?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Bryan asked:

Old October 5th 09, 02:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Bryan

There are no rules set up on the workstation. As far as where the invites
end up, this is the puzzling part. They automatically end up on the calendar
as tentative, but the actual email that is supposed to sit in your inbox
until you respond disappears. Doesn't show up in deleted items or any other
subfolder. There is also no pst folders set up on the workstation.

Old October 6th 09, 08:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Hmm, are these invites accepted as a delegate for another person?

Old October 6th 09, 07:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Bryan

No they are not. I am just going to try reinstalling office and see if that
cures it up. I don't want to spend too much time trying to figure this out.
I have searched many forums looking for a fix and I have not seen anyone with
a trouble like this one. I will do a reinstall and update if it fixes it or
not.

Old October 7th 09, 02:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Bryan

Reinstall seems to have fixed it up, not sure what exactly was going on there.

Old October 8th 09, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Mommybear

I'm having the same problem. Whenever an invite gets sent to me and others,
it appears in my deleted messages box as unread and the appt shows on my
calendar. It does not give me the option of accepting or rejecting.