Importing a calendar item from other sites

Old September 1st 09, 02:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
CliveDarling

Default Importing a calendar item from other sites

I notice that when I import a calendar item from a webpage or other source (a
VCS file), my Outlook ALWAYS advances both start and end times by 1 hour.
Now, I am sure that has something to do with summertime saving but I can't
figure our how to resolve it.
All help gratefully received.
Thank you
Old September 1st 09, 02:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"CliveDarling" wrote in message

I notice that when I import a calendar item from a webpage or other source (a
VCS file), my Outlook ALWAYS advances both start and end times by 1 hour.
Now, I am sure that has something to do with summertime saving but I can't
figure our how to resolve it.
All help gratefully received.

Open the VCS file with Notepad and examine the time values. Are they what you
expect?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old September 1st 09, 04:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
CliveDarling

Thanks Brian,

Yes, they are exactly what I wanted. This is the output

"DTSTART:20090907T200000Z
DTEND:20090907T213000Z"

The meeting was an 8.00 pm to 9.30 pm gathering. However, when inported to
my Outlook it adds the 1 hour exactly to bring it to 9 to 10.30??

I'm stumped!

Old September 1st 09, 06:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"CliveDarling" wrote in message

Yes, they are exactly what I wanted. This is the output

"DTSTART:20090907T200000Z
DTEND:20090907T213000Z"

The meeting was an 8.00 pm to 9.30 pm gathering. However, when inported to
my Outlook it adds the 1 hour exactly to bring it to 9 to 10.30??

If you adjust the event to the correct time and then export it as a VCS file
from Outlook, does the time look like the originals?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old September 1st 09, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

what time zone was it created in?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Old September 1st 09, 07:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
CliveDarling

Brian / Diane,
Thank you.
The calendar item was created on a webpage with an .ie address in the GMT
zone. The export (VCS) was created and dropped also to an email address
(mine) at .ie also in the GMT zone.

Old September 1st 09, 07:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
CliveDarling

Brian,

When I adjust and save, the timer is backtimed by 1 hour!! In other words, I
adjust the start time to 8.30 pm but the VCS contains 7.30. Herewith adjusted
output in VCS for an amended time of 8.00 to 9.30.

"BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//Microsoft Corporation//Outlook 12.0 MIMEDIR//EN
VERSION:1.0
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20090907T190000Z
DTEND:20090907T203000Z
LOCATION:Theatre
UID:040000008200E00074C5B7101A82E008000000001047C3 CD9C22CA01000000000000000
01000000078300702BB24664089500FCCF7AA7CFC
DESCRIPTION;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:=
=0D=0A
SUMMARY:Readings for Sive
PRIORITY:3
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR"

Old September 1st 09, 07:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Are you in an area that honors BST? I get a few reports during the summer
that its use of GMT initials for BST is confusing - my guess is its related
to DST settings on one of the computers. (Don't blame Outlook - it gets the
zone identifiers from Windows.)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

what time zone was it created in?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"CliveDarling" wrote in message
Thanks Brian,

Yes, they are exactly what I wanted. This is the output

"DTSTART:20090907T200000Z
DTEND:20090907T213000Z"

The meeting was an 8.00 pm to 9.30 pm gathering. However, when inported
my Outlook it adds the 1 hour exactly to bring it to 9 to 10.30??

I'm stumped!

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

"CliveDarling" wrote in
message

Old September 1st 09, 07:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
CliveDarling

Thank you, Diane

I'm not sure about the BST issue; I am based in Ireland which uses GMT as
its zone. The Windows XP time and date that is displayed is absolutely
correct.
It would appear, from the data I extracted, that it is aytmy PC end that the
problem arises i.e. the import action makes a 1 hour change when dropping to
my PC.
Is there somewhere I can check around my settings to see what may be going on?
Presumably, this really is not an Outlook issue??

Old September 2nd 09, 02:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
CliveDarling

Folks,
I've tried this on another pc running Vista and exactly the same thing
happens!!
The VCS contains the data I expect BUT when imported to MS Outlook under
Vista, it has advanced the meeting by 1 hour.
As I said, I am in Ireland and both PCs are in Ireland.
Is this cracked?

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

multipal calendar sites sacsteve Outlook - Calandaring 5 February 19th 09 12:13 AM
Emailing sites C J Outlook - General Queries 2 January 12th 08 09:42 PM
FTP Sites aerobic Outlook Express 5 September 5th 07 04:10 PM
People favourite sites [email protected] Outlook Express 4 August 5th 07 04:42 AM
sites blocking Sam Outlook Express 1 September 5th 06 12:40 PM