Disappearing Meeting Requests

Old August 3rd 09, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
BAM

Default Disappearing Meeting Requests

In Outlook 2007 my meeting requests disappear from my calendar. They are
showing on the attendees calendars, but no longer appear on mine. I am the
meeting organizer, and need to track whose attending and can't. From
reviewing other threads on this site, I noted that handheld devices can be
the culprit, so I explored this avenue. We all have BlackBerries, but do not
synchronize them with our PCs...they are all wirelessly synchronized from the
server. I have asked the others in the department to respond to meeting
requests from Outlook and not the BlackBerrys and the problem still persists.
Can you help???
Old August 3rd 09, 08:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"BAM" wrote in message

In Outlook 2007 my meeting requests disappear from my calendar. They are
showing on the attendees calendars, but no longer appear on mine. I am the
meeting organizer, and need to track whose attending and can't. From
reviewing other threads on this site, I noted that handheld devices can be
the culprit, so I explored this avenue. We all have BlackBerries, but do not
synchronize them with our PCs...they are all wirelessly synchronized from
the
server. I have asked the others in the department to respond to meeting
requests from Outlook and not the BlackBerrys and the problem still
persists.
Can you help???

If you're all using Exchange and the Blackberry removes it from the server, it
will be removed in Outlook as well. You don't need to have the Blackberry and
Outlook sync with each other for that to happen.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old August 3rd 09, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
BAM

They all stated they did not delete the request from their BlackBerrys and
niether did I. i am just confused as to why the initial meeting request that
I created disappears from my calendar when it has not been deleted from
Outlook or the BlackBerry.

Old August 3rd 09, 10:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"BAM" wrote in message

They all stated they did not delete the request from their BlackBerrys and
niether did I. i am just confused as to why the initial meeting request that
I created disappears from my calendar when it has not been deleted from
Outlook or the BlackBerry.

What type of server? What type of account in Outlook?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old August 5th 09, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
BAM

She is a general user. She is creating the meeting requests from her own
calendar. Our server is Exchange server 2007.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it!!

Old August 5th 09, 07:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"BAM" wrote in message

She is a general user. She is creating the meeting requests from her own
calendar. Our server is Exchange server 2007.

Are these meetings new ones or ones that are two weeks or more old?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old August 5th 09, 08:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
BAM

The meeting requests are created 2 weeks before the meeting. The meeting has
not occured as of yet.

Old August 5th 09, 10:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"BAM" wrote in message

The meeting requests are created 2 weeks before the meeting. The meeting has
not occured as of yet.

That still sounds suspiciously like a Blackberry, whose default setting is to
delete calendar entries two weeks old or older, but I woud expect it to use
the Start or End date for that. There must be some add-in or app causing the
deletion, unless you have autoarchive turned on for the Calendar. I can't
think of anything else within Outlook that would remove entries from the
calendar. The default in Outlook is to keep entries forever.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old August 6th 09, 02:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"BAM" wrote in message

I will check the BlackBerry and autoarchive settings.
Thank you!

If you discover the cause, write back. We'd like to know what it is.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]