Forwarded Event Not Added to Calendar

Old April 30th 09, 12:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
The Merg

Default Forwarded Event Not Added to Calendar

Posted this a couple months ago, but never got a response...

I frequently have events on my calendar at work that I would like on my
calendar at home. If I choose to Forward the event or Invite myself by using
my home e-mail address, Outlook at home seems to think that I am the meeting
organizer and will not let me save the event to the Calendar. Even though
that is techinically true, shouldn't my home and work Outlook accounts be
seen as different people. At work I use OL 2003 with Exchange. At home I use
OL 2007.

In order for me to get events from one place to the other, I need to use the
Forward as iCard option. I would rather just invite myself and that way if
the event is updated one place, it will automatically send the update to the
other location.

Thanks,
Merg

--
Today's problems don't worry me,
I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

Old April 30th 09, 01:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"The Merg" wrote in message

Posted this a couple months ago, but never got a response...

I see a posting from you dated March 9, 2008 asking this question and you were
answered by two people. Google is your friend.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring/browse_thread/thread/e1aadf9ac99dc310/722aa55182718f7

I frequently have events on my calendar at work that I would like on my
calendar at home. If I choose to Forward the event or Invite myself by using
my home e-mail address, Outlook at home seems to think that I am the meeting
organizer and will not let me save the event to the Calendar. Even though
that is techinically true, shouldn't my home and work Outlook accounts be
seen as different people. At work I use OL 2003 with Exchange. At home I use
OL 2007.

In order for me to get events from one place to the other, I need to use the
Forward as iCard option. I would rather just invite myself and that way if
the event is updated one place, it will automatically send the update to the
other location.

I usually use a WIndows Mobile device to keep my home and work Outlooks in
sync, but absent that, you can sent the item as an insertion in a message.
Donlt forward the item itself or invite yourself. Create a new mail message
in Rich Text format and use InsertItem to insert the item. HTML or Plain
Text formats should work (they do for me), but when going Outlook-to-Outlook,
you're better off using Outlook's native format to make sure you get what you
want.

This is the same advice you received last year, too.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old April 30th 09, 04:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
The Merg

Okay. I'll give that a try...

As for responses, I use Outlook Express and always put a watch on posts I
make to easily find responses. I guess, for whatever reason, the responses
didn't show up in OE. I didn't think to Google on the issue since I figured
I had all the posts to the newsgroup via OE. Guess I found out what happened
when I "assume"d that OE was downloading all the messages to the newsgroup.

Thanks,
Merg