Why does calendar not show accepted invitations without sending e.

Old April 9th 09, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
wheatleb

Default Why does calendar not show accepted invitations without sending e.

Can someone please advise? When I accept an invitation and do not send the
e-mail accepting, it does not show as accepted in the originators calendar.

Old April 9th 09, 06:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"wheatleb" wrote in message

Can someone please advise? When I accept an invitation and do not send the
e-mail accepting, it does not show as accepted in the originators calendar.

How would you propose the organizer's Outlook know you accepted if you don't
send them an acceptance message?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old April 9th 09, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
wheatleb

Default Why does calendar not show accepted invitations without sendin

Through the tracking option

Old April 9th 09, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"wheatleb" wrote in message

Through the tracking option

The tracking information is GENERATED by the receiving of the acceptance
message. Without an incoming acceptance message there isn't any tracking
information.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old May 18th 09, 09:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring

Hi Brian,

I'm currently experienceing the same issue. The invitations does not show
when the user selects send response now. Any other suggestions??

Thanks.

Old May 19th 09, 02:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Z" wrote in message

I'm currently experienceing the same issue. The invitations does not show
when the user selects send response now. Any other suggestions??

The invitation doesn't show where and to whom?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old October 27th 09, 09:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Ray Soucheck

Here's my suggestion to correct this. There should be 2 options when responding to an Outlook calendar invitation.

1. Do not send response, but do send accept / decline / tentative to organizer, just don't bother them with an email.

2. Do not send response, same as today, including no email response and no accept / decline / tentative

As an organizer, I hate getting those emails just letting me know that someone has accepted / declined / tentative, as I can always go to the original appt and see that, if the responder decided to let me know.

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

Why does calendar not show accepted invitations without sendin
19-May-09

The invitation does not show where and to whom?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

On 09 April 2009 09:43
wheatle wrote:

Why does calendar not show accepted invitations without sending e.
Can someone please advise? When I accept an invitation and do not send the
e-mail accepting, it does not show as accepted in the originators calendar.

On 09 April 2009 13:30
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

Why does calendar not show accepted invitations without sending e.
How would you propose the organizer's Outlook know you accepted if you do not
send them an acceptance message?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

On 09 April 2009 13:47
wheatle wrote:

Why does calendar not show accepted invitations without sendin
Through the tracking option

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

On 09 April 2009 15:36
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

Why does calendar not show accepted invitations without sendin
The tracking information is GENERATED by the receiving of the acceptance
message. Without an incoming acceptance message there is not any tracking
information.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

On 18 May 2009 16:22
wrote:

Hi Brian,I'm currently experienceing the same issue.
Hi Brian,

I am currently experienceing the same issue. The invitations does not show
when the user selects send response now. Any other suggestions??

Thanks.

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

On 19 May 2009 09:47
Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

Why does calendar not show accepted invitations without sendin
The invitation does not show where and to whom?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

5 SQL Server Management Studio Tips
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...agement-s.aspx
Old October 27th 09, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

How do you expect the accept/decline gets back to the organizer? By osmosis?
There has to be a function for the response to get sent between various
email and calendaring systems and email is the most universal.

Outlook will process the response (aka accept/decline/tentative) and delete
it from the inbox after processing. See tools, options, email options
button, tracking options - there are a number of processing options. Enable
the first 4.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Do you keep Outlook open 24/7? Vote in our poll:

Old February 4th 11, 09:58 PM
nufo nufo is offline
Junior Member

I recognize I'm very late in contributing to this thread…

The snarky MVP postings motivate me to encourage them to consider how Outlook might work instead of being stuck in how it does work. Think CODING not OSMOSIS!

Let's say Tom needs to organize a lunch meeting for fifty people and needs to order sandwiches for attendees. Why should Tom have to process 40 to 50 emails through his mailbox when tracking could report who accepts the meeting? This could be done by offering another option when accepting a meeting: "Accept with tracking (no email)."
Old August 24th 11, 09:04 PM
ender ender is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufo View Post
I recognize I'm very late in contributing to this thread…

The snarky MVP postings motivate me to encourage them to consider how Outlook might work instead of being stuck in how it does work. Think CODING not OSMOSIS!

Let's say Tom needs to organize a lunch meeting for fifty people and needs to order sandwiches for attendees. Why should Tom have to process 40 to 50 emails through his mailbox when tracking could report who accepts the meeting? This could be done by offering another option when accepting a meeting: "Accept with tracking (no email)."
I agree wholeheartedly. This thread popped up in searching for a resolution on this issue.

You would think that clicking Accept, "Do Not Send a Response" would signal the Exchange server over the network (on an intranet, at least) that you are attending, but you don't want to spam the meeting organizer with emails.

Accept, "Do Not Send a Response" makes no sense. Maybe if they changed it to Accept, "Do not inform organizer, but show on my local calendar", it'd be clearer.