losing calendar sharing permission

Old February 18th 09, 12:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
susan calendar

Default losing calendar sharing permission

my coworker gave me permission to view their calendar, but i keep losing the
permission. i have to keep requesting them to share their calendar. we use
outlook 2007. does anyone else have this problem?
Old February 18th 09, 03:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

What version of Exchange server? How often do you lose permissions? Is
anyone else having this problem?
The only way you should lose permissions is if the admin is running
something to reset the defaults.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old February 18th 09, 05:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
susan calendar[_2_]

where can i find what version of Exchange server? All i see is Microsoft
Exchange Server.
I came in this morning and had access to their calendar. then again after a
couple of hours, i lost view access. I was in the middle of writing an email,
then my outlook 2007 (email and calendar) had to close due to an error or
something. I opened my outlook, checked to see if i had access to view my
co-worker's calendar, but none now. i think their calendar caused my email
to crash, is that possible?
not sure if anyone else is having the same problems, i called our IT folks
and they didn't hear anything. I know people are having major problems though
with their calendars...meetings diappearing, etc.

Old February 18th 09, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)[_567_]

Diane I am also seeing this at a new Office 2007 site. Odd. Any ideas on how
to find the cause?

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

www.judygleeson.com
www.deskdoctors.com

Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing

Old February 18th 09, 10:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Are the permissions actually being lost or is the calendar just disappearing
from the navigation pane?

If you are just losing the calendar in outlook and need to re-add it using
the open other user's folder command, then the navigation pane file is
corrupt. Restart outlook using the /resetnavpane switch. You'll lose all
customizations in the navigation pane when you do this.

It's doubtful their calendar caused the crash, unless you were viewing it or
working with appointments in it at the time.

Old February 19th 09, 12:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
susan calendar[_2_]

Permissions are actually being lost. I have to keep requesting to the other
person to be added to have view access.

The calendar must have been open then in the background when I was using my
email.