Calendar View - Day/Week/Month vs. Active Appointments

Old December 19th 08, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Paulie

Default Calendar View - Day/Week/Month vs. Active Appointments

I frequently view 2 calendars in overlay mode (mine, and one shared), but
I've noticed some behavior I don't understand when switching from Mail to
Calendar views. Most of the time, switching between the Mail and Calendar
views returns me to the same calendar view that I had, but sometimes Outlook
takes me to a task list for the shared calendar, rather than the work week
view.

I haven't been able to figure out anything I am doing differently to end up
at the appointments list rather than calendar view - does anyone know what I
am missing here?

Thanks,
Old December 21st 08, 02:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

did you search the calendar before going to mail or otherwise change the
view? Have you tried resetting the view?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old December 22nd 08, 03:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Paulie

I have not done any searches in the calendar since it started doing this. It
also only seems to come up in the appointments view when viewing the shared
calendar (in overlay, or by itself). Resetting the view does not seem to
change anything.

Old December 24th 08, 03:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

It happens here now and again - I believe it’s a corrupt view and restarting
outlook with the /cleanviews switch will correct it.