ics extension stripped

Old November 26th 08, 07:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
mitch

Default ics extension stripped

I use outlook 2003 for calendaring but Eudora 7 for email on multiple
computers. If I receive an Outlook meeting invitation in Eudora on an XP
computer, the attachment ends in .ics and works when I click on it. If I
receive the exact same invitation (by leaving it on the server and
downloading again) on a Vista computer, the.ics is stripped. If I manually
add .ics to the downloaded file, it works.
Any idea why or what I can do?

Thanks,

Mitch
Old December 1st 08, 01:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Are you opening it from the message or saving it to the hard drive? Do you
have vista set to show all extensions?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old December 1st 08, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
mitch

In Eudora, messages are automatically saved to the hard drive. When I open it
from the e-mail or from the hard drive, there is no extension. I also leave
my e-mails on the server. If I download the identical e-mail in Eudora on an
XP computer, the extension is there. And yes, Vista shows all extensions. If
I manually rename the file to add the extension, then it works perfectly.

Thanks

Old December 2nd 08, 04:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

it sounds like Eudora isn't saving it with the extension - I had a problem
with this in vista with another program and enabling the all extensions
options in Vista's file and folder options fixed it.

Old December 3rd 08, 11:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
mitch

Well the setting that says to hide extensions for known file types is not
checked. Is there another setting? All other extensions are visible.

If it is Eudora doing this, it is only happening in Vista. I use Eudora on
XP and these extensions are not stripped.

thanks,

Mitch