Public folder calendar disappears from OTHER CALENDAR

Old November 13th 08, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
ADAJAY

Default Public folder calendar disappears from OTHER CALENDAR

Hello

We have a calendar in public folders. We all have proper permissions. We
have also added it as FAVORITES and clicked on it from FAV's folder. Doing
this exact procedure places the item under OTHER CALENDAR so I don't have to
drill public folders each time.

Problem is every now and then for no apparent reason(s) the PUBLIC FOLDER
CALENDAR disappears from the other folder category. I can do procedure above
and it works.
For some of the expert users this is not a big issue however some users
don't like the idea of doing this often. Also, they forget the path of
public folder and causes unnecessary calls to helpdesk / me...any suggestion
that will fix the problem long term.

Hopefully MS will have a fix for this soon. I see many post and some so so
ok answers however nothing concrete.

--
Thank you for your time and help.

Old November 14th 08, 01:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Nikki Peterson

I think you should try using the /CleanViews Command-Line
Switch for Outlook. This restores default views.
NOTE: All custom views you created are lost.
Also, be sure the clients are up-to-date in their patches.

Instructions for Outlook 2007

See the following link for information on how to use
this switch VERY EASY:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...185891033.aspx

Or if you use Outlook 2007

The following page explains the Command-Line switches for 2003:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...031101033.aspx

The command line looks kinda like (Depends on what version of Outlook
you are using as to WHERE your Outlook.exe file is located):

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe " /CleanViews

Note: Paths that include spaces between words must be enclosed in quotation
marks (") and are case sensitive.

Nikki

news Hello

Old November 14th 08, 04:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Does the calendar disappear from the public folder favorites too?

Try restarting outlook using the /resetnavpane switch.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old June 23rd 15, 02:56 PM
etb42 etb42 is offline
Junior Member

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I'm having the same issue with Outlook 2010/2013 and Exchange 2010 SP3.