Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Calandaring (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/)
-   -   Delegates accepting/declining meetings on behalf of manager (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/80697-delegates-accepting-declining-meetings-behalf.html)

Vivian October 23rd 08 04:06 PM

Delegates accepting/declining meetings on behalf of manager

Two users (A and B) have been assigned delegate (Editor) access to a third
person’s calendar whereby they have been configured to receive copies of
meeting- related messages sent to the third person’s inbox.

If user A and B receive a meeting request for the third person and A decides
to accept the meeting request, B can open the meeting request he/she received
in his/her inbox and will be able to see that the appointment has already
been accepted by A on behalf of the third person, BUT, if A decides to
decline the meeting request, B will open the meeting request received in
his/her inbox and find that the meeting request is still waiting to be
accepted/declines – in other words its not showing that the meeting request
has been rejected by A on behalf of the third person. This means that
everytime a meeting request comes in A and B need to query each other to
determine what has been done with the meeting request. This of course creates
a problem. This problem works both ways and I have tested it with our guys
here and we all get the same issue using Office 2003.

Any ideas how to fix this? It happens also with Outlook 2007.

Many thanks.