How to stop Outlook making meetings weekly recurrences?

Old October 18th 08, 06:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Bob Beauchamp

Default How to stop Outlook making meetings weekly recurrences?

Every time I modify a scheduled meeting, Outlook changes the meeting into a
weekly recurring meeting. I then have to go back into the meeting and remove
the recurrence. Is there a setting in Outlook to stop this?
Old October 18th 08, 06:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Bob Beauchamp[_2_]

Many thanks. I removed the Outlook Setup Addin. I had been getting
problems with Outlook - I did not know that it was because I was using a Dell
laptop. Thanks again, Bob

"Vince Averello" wrote:

See if the info here helps:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/recurringmeetings.htm

Old October 23rd 08, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
PSCooper

I can't say that I've had this problem, but I (and numerous other admins
here) have been having multiple issues with Calendar, specifically when we're
updating a meeting. Sometimes it does it and sometimes doesn't but it's
very annoying b/c it happens more frequenty than not. Here's all the error
messages we get when we're changing in any way, i.e. date and time change,
location change, a note in the body of the mtg.
1. "THE FUNCTION CAN NOT BE PERFORMED BECAUSE THE MESSAGE HAS BEEN CHANGE."
Duh! I wanted to change the mtg!
2. "THE ITEM COULD NOT BE SAVED BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN MODIFIED BY ANOTHER USER
OR IN ANOTHER WINDOW." Nobody else is modifying the mtg but me.
This one is really ridiculous b/c I get it when I'm trying to ACCEPT a
meeting invite.
3. "YOU CANNOT RESPOND TO A MEETING WITHOUT AN ORGANIZER. YOU MUST ADD AN
ORGNAIZER FIELD TO THE ITEM." And the meeting came from someone else, "THE
ORGANIZER" of the meeting!!!! I'm just trying to accept the invite!

I keep telling our IT people here that there is something really wrong with
Outlook, a glitch or something is not working well with something in our
whole company system. I don't know, but it would be nice to know if anybody
else anywhere is having these issues?????

Pam