Adding voting buttons to Calendar Event

Old October 1st 08, 07:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Admin Madame

Default Adding voting buttons to Calendar Event

Is there a way that I can send an Outlook Calendar Appointment and include
voting buttons? I send out invitations for luncheons where I want the item
going to their calendar but I also want them to be able to make a choice of
what they want to order for lunch. I can send a regular Outlook message with
voting buttons but I have to send a seperate Calendar appointment to get it
on their calendar. Too much confusion sending two. Does have an answer?
--
Admin Madame
Old October 1st 08, 08:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

No, that's not possible. The solution is the one you've already found -- send
two messages.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old October 4th 08, 04:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_3_]

There is another option.

Send the appointment item as an attachment in the e-mail and then include
the voting buttons in the mail message.

Instruct the users to double-click on the appointment item to add it to
their calendar and then use the voting buttons to respond to the menu
choices.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Old October 6th 08, 01:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Milly, in that solution, original meeting organizer wouldn't get
acceptances/rejections, would they -- just the voting button responses?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old October 6th 08, 05:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

If they send a meeting request, they would get acceptances. They would not
have a list of attendees on the appointment though - so they wouldn't see
who hadn't accepted (or declined) yet.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" wrote in message
[...]

Outlook Voting Buttons marius Outlook and VBA 7 July 11th 07 07:58 PM
Voting buttons Jan Outlook Express 3 March 17th 07 05:14 PM
Voting Buttons. BlackJackal Outlook - General Queries 0 November 2nd 06 11:59 PM
Voting Buttons & Excel Junoon Outlook and VBA 10 April 18th 06 05:09 AM
Automation of voting buttons [email protected] Outlook - Using Forms 0 February 2nd 06 02:09 PM