Any idea why syncing w/ new iPhone 3G would wipe away and change d

Old September 18th 08, 11:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
tjsmags

Default Any idea why syncing w/ new iPhone 3G would wipe away and change d

I have the new iPhone 3G. No one can figure this out.

When I sync my iPhone with MS Outlook 2003, it deletes PAST calendar items
(mostly recurring events, but also one-time events). But, it keeps
everything perfectly fine on my iPhone (past events). I noticed, though,
that it does NOT actually delete these events. They just 'disappear' from my
day/month/year view. When I change the view to category I see the events
listed. So strange...

Also, another VERY BAD thing is that after syncing it CHANGES some of my
data's dates...only recurring events (birthdays) that I've noticed thus far.
For example, I have a recurring birthday on 05/31/65 and it changed the
birthdate to something like Sep 7th (I didn't check if it changed the year).
Very odd.

Help!
--
Thank you.

Old September 19th 08, 04:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

There is a bug in the sync process that screws it up. Apple and microsoft
are looking into it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old September 19th 08, 04:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
tjsmags

Default Any idea why syncing w/ new iPhone 3G would wipe away and chan

Is this really a fact? The only reason I ask is because I've posted a
bizzillion emails on the Apple website and no one ever responds. Finally
today a person from Europe said he figured it to be an issue with time zones
not matching (pc time zone vs. iPhone time zone). But, I know I set up the
iPhone to be my Chicago time zone and also my pc is set the same, so that
cannot be the reason (though he states it corrected his problems).

An apple PHONE agent told me to first get a 'good' copy of my pst file and
then he wanted me to set up a 'test' user and go from there. I don't have a
'good' pst file as my iPhone has wiped things out. And, I do not want to sit
and match iPhone to Outlook and update my Outlook...would take forever. I'm
also hesitant to sync my iPhone if I were to set up a new pst as my iPhone is
all correct.

So, where do I go that will keep me informed of this issue they're working on?
--
Thank you.

Old September 19th 08, 05:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Yes it is a fact. I spoke to someone from Microsoft confirming they are
working with Apple to figure out what is going on. See
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/iphonesync.asp. There is a link to the
forums at apple where its discussed.

Old September 19th 08, 12:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jborts

My iTouch and my Outlook calendar always synced great UNTIL Mid July I
downloaded one of the many upudates that push out. Suddenly after my events
were past they disappeared from my iTouch and my Outlook calendar. Just
recently an apple tech told me that was part of the update that came out in
July. It was intentional to not show past events. She recommended up go back
a version. So I wiped the iTouch clean and installing a previous version and
on my first sync my past events came back on to my iTouch but still can't be
seen on my outlook calendar. If they appeared on my itouch they must still be
there but not visible at all in outlook.
I've thought about reloading Outlook since it seems that iTunes hijacked my
outlook calendar.

Old September 19th 08, 03:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

If "Reloading" is uninstall/reinstall, it won't help. A new profile may nor
help either as it looks like they screwed up the actual appointments. You
might have to export them to Excel and import them back into Outlook to fix
it.

Apple's comments help explain why one suggested solution is to create a
custom view that only displays recent items.