Error when creating meeting with others in using new public calend

Old September 15th 08, 09:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
tjsmags

Default Error when creating meeting with others in using new public calend

I set up a public school calendar for our school. I put in school events for
all the faculty to see. Now I want them to be able to arrange meetings with
each other using this calendar. In the PROPERTIES for this school calendar I
have the PERMISSIONS as: create items (checked), read items (checked),
create subfolders (NOT checked), folder owner (NOT checked), folder visible
(checked), edit items (Own), and delete items (Own).

When I go to set up a meeting with two faculty members:
1. I don't see their calendar items being busy and that's because they've
entered their meetings on their own 'personal' calendar (the CALENDAR button
on the left pane), right? Once they start entering meetings within this
school calendar, then I'll see their times being BUSY and such, right?
2. I get the following message when I hit SEND: The reminder for "xxx"
will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Tasks folder. Is
this OK? Yes/No

What am I doing wrong or need to change?

--
Thank you.

Old September 15th 08, 09:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

The Free/Busy options should work for both personal folders and Exchange
mailboxes.

As for reminders, they will only fire from the default folder.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, tjsmags asked:

Old September 15th 08, 01:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
tjsmags

Default Error when creating meeting with others in using new public ca

Can you please explain more? Can I change the default folder? If so, how?
--
Thank you.