Desktop Interface

Old August 20th 08, 02:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
lkblondpi

Default Desktop Interface

I am a stay at home mom with 4 kids. I use Outlook to keep track of our
schedules. I have a wireless network in the house and out like my kids to
"see" my outlook schedule on their computer. I just want them to know what
we are doing for the next week or so. I have tried Cozi and it way messed up
the sync with outlook and deleted things and duplicated things (it took me
all day to put it back). I have also tried PlainSite Desktop Calendar and it
looks great on my computer but when I try to use it on theirs and access my
..pst over the newtork outlook won't open on my pc because it says the pst is
in use. I do have have exchange (little bit over kill for our house). Does
anyone have a suggestion for me. I need the desktop interface to be user
friendly and easy for my children to read the oldest is 15 and the youngest
is 8
Old August 20th 08, 02:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Version of outlook?

An online calendar should meet your needs - try live calendar (live.com) and
sync it with outlook. If the kids have hotmail accounts, you can share your
calendar with their accounts. Google's calendar is also nice - its sync is
a little buggy though.

if you have outlook 2007, you can publish it to office online and share it
with them.

See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp for other methods.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...s/default.mspx or point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Old August 20th 08, 02:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
lkblondpi

Thanks: It is outlook 2003. I will check more with online calendars. I just
don't want it to "sync" back to my computer. I don't know if it was cozi or
the kids who deleted the appointments. If the kids deleted them when I
resynced it would have deleted them as well.

Old August 20th 08, 04:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

you need a calendar where you can give them view permission, but not delete.

--

"lkblondpi" wrote in message
[...]

Outlook on Laptop + Desktop + Blackberry Desktop Redirector SuperMicStick Outlook - General Queries 2 August 14th 07 03:56 PM
Advise more than one interface MON205 Outlook - General Queries 2 August 2nd 07 08:48 AM
Advise more than one interface MON205 Add-ins for Outlook 2 August 2nd 07 08:48 AM
interface Grampy Pete Outlook Express 5 January 17th 07 03:51 PM
Interface with Word Nancy Outlook - Installation 0 January 19th 06 07:41 PM