Public Folders for Calendar & Contacts

Old August 19th 08, 10:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
tmvigil95

Default Public Folders for Calendar & Contacts

We are having a problem with new users and profiles, that once I copy the
Company Calendar or Company Contacts from the Public Folder List to their
calendar or contact list, they are not updating. After a month or so, I have
to go back in and delete the copied list and re-copy the most recent one.

I don't know what I may be missing. This seems to only be with those newer
employees that have come on in the last year. Otherwise, those of us who
have been here for years, we do not have issues with (that I know of).

I saw a post about adding the Public Folder to their Favorites list. Does
that make a difference? Please let me know.
Old August 19th 08, 10:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Nikki Peterson

Yes, that does make a difference.

If you are just copying the public folder (PF) and/or contacts then that
is what they are getting. A copy of those folders and nothing more. You
would have to copy any new information also.

By placing the PF's and Contacts in the favorites, the client is getting
a quick view to the PF and/or Contact folder. Any updates will show
because they are looking at the actual folder (in a way).

Nikki

Old August 20th 08, 02:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
tmvigil95

Thank you! I hope you don't mind my asking this, but where are you located?
I know a Nikki Peterson in Thornton, CO.